PDA

View Full Version : 560sf and similar height and weight

marcuste
16-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi all

I am looking at purchasing something like a Haines Hunter 560sf and was wondering if anyone that owns one could measure from ground to the top of the windscreen for me and if you know the weight on trailer quote that too. A couple of other boat types like that with hight and weight wouldn't go astray. Thanks in advance.

paullee
16-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Hi Marcuste,
I have a 560sf. Just measured it and its 2250-2300mm to ground level on a Redco trailer. Centre line of boat sits about 500mm off ground when on trailer. Weight on Trailer rego label shows an even 2000kg but dont know how accurate that is as it was done by previous owner. Let me know if u need anything else.
Paul

marcuste
16-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Awesome info paullee. Thanks so much. Looks like my garage is going to be 150 mm too small to fit through. Is your axles sitting over or under your springs? Much clearance guard to boat?

paullee
16-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Awesome info paullee. Thanks so much. Looks like my garage is going to be 150 mm too small to fit through. Is your axles sitting over or under your springs? Much clearance guard to boat?

Axles sit over springs. Its a standard Redco Sportsman theres heaps of them around (at least here on the GC anyway). My boat is sitting with jockey wheel fully extended at the moment. If the entrance to your garage is flat i reckon you would clear it, maybe with standard swing away jockey wheel or if not one of those non extendable single wheels to land it on would do it. Measurement was taken to top of grab rail which sits 50mm or so above windscreen. I can get a better one with the jockey wheel wound down when the rain stops if you need it. Have you got a particular one in mind or just know and like this model boat?

marcuste
16-08-2014, 04:29 PM
That sounds like it might go and could be just down to the individual boat. No need to measure again, looks like it could possibly work. No particular boat, just missed out on one today. Just toying with the idea as they are such a great hull and so seaworthy and a great allrounder. My biggest issue i think will be towing. Have a Subaru Forester with max 1400kg load. Might be in need of a new car at the same time i think.

Rip it up
16-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Marcuste I have a haines signature 530f 1993 model. I have rolled it recently into a very low garage. A quick guess height in the dark, just now, put it at 2100 to top of windscreen.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/pu8u5usy.jpg
The rocket launcher folds back to make it lower.

Boat weighs 1250kg on the aluminium trailer.

It's also for sale.

marcuste
16-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks rip it up. That sort of thing i think is what i'll be looking for without having to modify the carport or upgrade vehicle. What money are you asking?

Duckfish
16-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Definitely need a new tow car as I had my Haines 565L weighed at a Way Bridge with about 100l of fuel, tandem trailer which went 1620kgs.
Duck

Rip it up
17-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Marcuste check your Private Messages.