PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions will help

benji64
13-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I own a older hydro field104707 that I am currently doing a bit of paint and chip restoration on and wondering as it goes on 4 tyres on the trailer what I can do to stop the tyre marks on the hull as in is there a product to put on tyre or wrap tyre in something .any input appreciated.thanks

scottar
13-08-2014, 10:51 PM
I know that when they push the cruise ships around with the tugs in brisbane, they hang a heavy white canvas over the tyres/fendering to stop the tug leaving marks on the white ships. You could see a canvas guy and get some custom wraps made.

mitch_wahoo
14-08-2014, 06:00 AM
I've got a hydro too benji, white hull and black marks all over it. I've seen a few other hydrofield trailers at the ramp and they have their tyres painted white. I wouldn't have a clue what they use but would love to know.

stevebris
14-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I've got a 4.1 Hydrofield Sandfly I'm restoring/fitting out. Hasn't been in the water since I got it. Will have to look but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any marks on the hull. Mind you the tyres need replacing.

gofishin
14-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Damn I hate losing posts after typeing them! 2nd time round...

Buy some fender socks (to suit the tyre diameter), like they use on the big flash glass boats to cover their fenders.

Cut them into 2 or 3 etc (however many you can get out of one) and sew a drawstring into one/two sides as required.

Won't be as cheap as paint but will likely be better and last longer.
cheers
Brendon

gofishin
14-08-2014, 01:01 PM
oops, double post 2nd time round!