PDA

View Full Version : Boat cover needed

rotachoc
10-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Hi all,
Can someone tell me where to buy a boat cover for my new Stacer 489 Baymaster???
The measurements
length maximum....5.03M
length of hull..........4.82M
beam.....................2.20M
Is there any brand I should be or not be looking at???

simsavage
11-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Hey rotachoch,
I just got my cover from bcf, it's a small cover and is a pretty tight for on my 4 meter so probably get a large. It doesn't seem to be coping that well with the frost in the mornings though. Some water has been finding it's way in.
Otherwise ebay?

kiwimex
11-08-2014, 12:47 PM
If you want to avoid issues of water ingress get a cover custom made, more $ up front but, as always you get what you pay for...!

Spectre
11-08-2014, 01:33 PM
If not wanting to tow with a cover....Another option is to maybe consider a Heavy Duty Camping (Silver/Green under) tarp of the lenght & width required.
Allow for canopy/windscreen etc. & over hang required etc.
They will last many years in the elements & are fully waterprroof...a few tie downs & all good. Pad any sharp areas to.
If you get them on sale ...they are relatively inexpensive to.
;D
Cheers

Blackened
11-08-2014, 03:09 PM
G'day

Save yourself time and money seriously and get a custom boat cover made from a reputable trimmer.

I had Gary at G&S Trimmers on 33961650 at East Coast Marina at Manly make one up for me. Material is awesome, cover is perfectly fitted and awesome for towing.

Dave.

Giveitacrack
11-08-2014, 03:15 PM
I second that. Spend the money now and get a custom made one. A small price to pay for the $$ already spent on your new boat.

G'day

Save yourself time and money seriously and get a custom boat cover made from a reputable trimmer.

I had Gary at G&S Trimmers on 33961650 at East Coast Marina at Manly make one up for me. Material is awesome, cover is perfectly fitted and awesome for towing.

Dave.

darylive
11-08-2014, 05:56 PM
G'day

Dave.

I second that. Spend the money now and get a custom made one. A small price to pay for the $$ already spent on your new boat.

At What cost?

chris69
11-08-2014, 06:55 PM
I got one made for a tiller boat of 5mts and it cost me $400 8 tie down points and the edge was folded and rope threaded to pull the side tight around the motor for traveling and that was awhile ago.

Blackened
11-08-2014, 09:40 PM
At What cost?

Get the quote and then you'll know.

4.5M plate tiller is what I have, my trailerable fitted cover is very heavy duty and cost $500. Service life will be in excess of 10 years.

Ill fitting piss poor material off the shelf BCF ones are about $100, and last 6-12 months. No good for trailering either and a pain to take on and off.

You do the sums.

Dave

Angryant
12-08-2014, 05:12 AM
If you need an "off the shelf" cover, check out Oceansouth covers. I had mine for 3 years before I sold the last boat and it was in good condition then.
Whitworths or Bias should have them.

http://oceansouth.com/boat-covers/semi-custom-boat-covers/runabout-cover