PDA

View Full Version : Hydrowave

ChrisLong
08-08-2014, 08:42 PM
What's everyone's view on this Hydrowave thing people are talking? It's supposed to send out sounds/vibrations of baitfish etc, to attract predatory species. Does anybody have one?

Carry
11-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi Chris,

A cheap dildo with a piece of parramatta rope attached works well.

ChrisLong
11-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks Carry,

Sounds like a great idea.
Do you think it will still work while inserted in sphincter, or will it have to be removed and submersed in the water?

Carry
11-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Chris I would advise that you leave it in it's sphinctal storage capsule and jump overboard to avoid water ingress into the device.

ChrisLong
11-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the advise Carry, greatly appreciated.
But, due to the large size of this particular device, which runs off a 2.5kVA generator, there may be a high risk of electrocution if I were to jump overboard.

Mike Delisser
11-08-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't have one on my boat but I've fish beside plenty of guys that do, and I can't say definitively yes or no. I have seen them work as intended, more than once, but I have also seen our bass bite shut right down as soon as any angler using one pulled up on our school. And that's happened on a few trips. The schools go from lighting up 1/2 the screen to hugging the bottom and going off the bite.
IMO you really need to spend a lot of time learning how to use them to get something out of them.

russ71
12-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Besides all the jokes guys, I have one and for saltwater, I used it in Bermagui, Port Philip and Westernport bays. IMO, I havent noticed anything, I was told its fantastic for squid and kingfish, and I still didnt notice anything special whilst fishing. I use it every time I go out ( aprox fortnightly) and try all the diferent settings. I have also left it off to see the change, to no avail.
I was told its more about masking the sounds of your boat at rest so the fish dont get spooked, maybe it works better for fresh water????
It would be good to here from more people who have one for the saltwater, or unless im the only mug who got one, lol.

Russ

Crunchy
12-08-2014, 10:32 AM
I made my own bait fish simulator out of old CD's cut in half then tied together behind a coat hanger, it was shit and a waste of time and effort so I would buy a hydrowave in hindsight.

ChrisLong
16-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Cheers fellas. :2thumbsup:
Trial an error with the settings by the sounds of it, you think? Maybe they had the volume cranked too high and spooked the fish, Mike?? Who knows...
They're half price at the moment that's all, so I was thinking about giving it a crack maybe.
If they're a load of wank, at least the upside is it gives me a new toy to play with, and an excuse to drink beer in the garage while installing it?? ;D

Mike Delisser
17-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Cheers fellas. :2thumbsup:
Trial an error with the settings by the sounds of it, you think? Maybe they had the volume cranked too high and spooked the fish, Mike?? Who knows...
They're half price at the moment that's all, so I was thinking about giving it a crack maybe.
If they're a load of wank, at least the upside is it gives me a new toy to play with, and an excuse to drink beer in the garage while installing it?? ;D

Maybe....but that included some of the best bass anglers I know, I'd expect they should know how to use them. but hey as I said I've seen occasions when I recon they turned the bass on.
What you need is some feed back from some one who uses one.