PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki 140. motor issue

Lucky_Phill
26-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Suzuki 140 outboard heads up. I have just been reliably informed about an issue that puts this motor into " safe mode " and in reality there is not problem. An oil sensor wire runs beside the block and actually wears through, sending the motor into safe mode and the boat owner into " panic " mode. If anyone here owns a 140 or knows someone that does, please inform them of this.

This information may stop the following scenario....... " Hook up boat and tow to 1770 arriving at midnight...... motor issues so re-load boat and drive back home to Brisvegas...... lots of fuel spent and no fishing. "

Apparently the Water Police that use these motors and fix the issue before it happens and as it is known to be an issue.

LP

tropicrows
26-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Phill I'm surprised they don't have the same problem with other suzie motors that use the same block.

Dan5
26-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Mind taking a photo of the wire and posting it up Phill........

Thanks Dan

Lucky_Phill
26-07-2014, 08:35 PM
It wasn't on my boat or a boat that I know the owner, the info came from the deckie / offsider.

I will endeavour to get a photo or better description.

cheers

scottar
26-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Not isolated to Suzuki. Mate of mine had a similar issue with a 175 Optimax. Always worth having a very thorough visual inspection with faults that may be sensor related