PDA

View Full Version : Sea jay 4.4 Avenger Side Console

Shelby35
26-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Looking at getting a seajay avenger side console with a 50hp 4 stroke have a choice of a yamaha or a honda leaning towards the honda atm because I have a honda 20hp now and has been very good. Has anyone got an avenger and how is it and is there any reason I should look at getting the yammie. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks Byron

Shelby35
28-07-2014, 03:07 PM
If no one has got one can I ask if anyone has look at getting one and then bought a quintrex renegade or stacer outlaw just wondering why you didn't get the sea jay. Thanks

Fisher4life
28-07-2014, 05:54 PM
I just bought a renegade because the hull design and performance is far superior compared to it's competitors. The driest and smoothest tinny I've ever driven in, not to mention the dealership really looked after me.

Spaniard_King
28-07-2014, 06:03 PM
The Honda is a very good engine, it will have NMEA capability, so you only need a GPS/sounder with NMEA capability to have all the engine data displayed on the screen, worth the money if you are buying new. there would be very little between the engines for performance although the Honda may be a little better with VTEC in the top end of the RPM range.

Fisher4life
28-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Forgot to mention that I paired the hull up with the 60hp yammie....

Shelby35
28-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info Fisher where did you get you renegade from? Iam in Gracemere and we don't have many dealers in Rockhampton was looking at the seajay in bundy price was around $21500 with either the yammy or the Honda but haven't got into the wheeling and dealing stage not going to sell my boat until after the September school holidays.

Fisher4life
29-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the info Fisher where did you get you renegade from? Iam in Gracemere and we don't have many dealers in Rockhampton was looking at the seajay in bundy price was around $21500 with either the yammy or the Honda but haven't got into the wheeling and dealing stage not going to sell my boat until after the September school holidays.
I bought the package from the locals up here in Townsville, Rising sun marine.

AndrewB
01-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Just ordered a 4.4 renegade and will be putting on 60 Yammy. Interested to hear from fisher for life on performance.
Seajay will probably only allow 50 hp max yet the 50 and 60 are the same weight.

davo
01-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Both good engines but look at local dealer service. There are no Honda guys in area so I went for a Suzuki.

Seahorse
01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I had a seajay 445 territorty ith 50 yammy but if i had converted to a side console then they would allow a 60.
it was good boat, buy had to sell it couple yrs ago.

i just bought a quin renegade 420.

i think definately a better ride than the sea jay. I put a 50 hp yammy 4 stroke.

i looked at seajay, went and spoke to them, and still waiting for a quote.

i told them that i was going to buy seajay or quinnie.

Obviously they didnt want the business.

Shelby35
01-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Been talking to different dealer over the past couple of days all have been very good would like a renegade side console but they are a bit more than we want to pay most probably going to get a seajay looking at one in Gladstone next week with a suzuki 50 on it. But most likly going to wait until after the next school hoildays going to baffle creek don't want to gravel rash a new boat.

hazza80
02-08-2014, 08:43 AM
The Avenger does look good - and I'm considering one myself at the moment in the 4.85-5m size. One thing I would change is the live bait tank - they are self filling (holes drilled in bottom of hull and in the stern) - I'd prefer a poly/aluminium plumbed (bilge) system.

Fisher4life
02-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Been talking to different dealer over the past couple of days all have been very good would like a renegade side console but they are a bit more than we want to pay most probably going to get a seajay looking at one in Gladstone next week with a suzuki 50 on it. But most likly going to wait until after the next school hoildays going to baffle creek don't want to gravel rash a new boat.

Buy it once, buy it right.... I have been caught out 'settling' in the past for hulls I wasn't entirely happy with, this time I bought exactly what I wanted, and I paid more than I anticipated, although everytime I punch into our short sharp NQ chop I appreciate the decision I made.

Just ordered a 4.4 renegade and will be putting on 60 Yammy. Interested to hear from fisher for life on performance.
Seajay will probably only allow 50 hp max yet the 50 and 60 are the same weight.

What performance questions are you interested in hearing?

AndrewB
04-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Fisher4life,
Anything you have to offer would be appreciated. Your overall thoughts on the setup.
Thinking about 60 being nice size versus if only if I could have put a 70 on, quick onto the plane with 2 or 3 up.
I suppose I will find out soon enough in any case.
Mine coming with electric and battery up front so could be nose heavy ? but thinking could be beneficial 1 up to get on plane.

Shelby35
07-08-2014, 12:24 PM
One of the dealers I have been speaking to has recommended getting a capped keel as a option what would this do an is it a benefit. Thanks

Shelby35
24-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Finally will get the Avenger in about 10 days be abit of mucking around with finance due to having 10 weeks off due to hip replacement. But will have a 4,4 Avenger sports with a 50hp Yamaha from Curtis Coast Marine in Gladstone they have been great to deal with. They had one that they did a deal on.

Shelby35
07-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Pick the boat up today had a quick run up the Fitzroy going fishing tomorrow down Port alma. Curtis Coast Marine were great to deal with.
Cheers
Byron