PDA

View Full Version : Rip-off grub may get the punishment he deserves

Oog.
25-07-2014, 12:28 PM
If you have been ripped off by Garry Beattie, as in the sticky thread in the electronics forum, justice may be served.
If they can get him to jail, that is.

"A BUNDABERG child sex offender with a history of abusing kids faces an anxious wait to see if the state's highest court deems the suspended sentence he received for sexually abusing two minors is in line with community expectations. Garry John Beattie was convicted in the Bundaberg District Court in March in relation to seven charges stemming from his interaction with two minors in 1996 and 2001.
He was sentenced to 18 months behind bars but walked free from court with a wholly suspended sentence."

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/gary-beattie-sentence-appeal/2328799/?utm_campaign=Mailchimp+Morning+News&utm_source=Bundaberg+NewsMail&utm_medium=email

aussiebasser
25-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Scum bag should be locked away.

sharkcat 23
26-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Truly makes you wonder what the Judge was thinking, if anything, when they do something like this, he has damaged two kids lives, and in some cases for life and they let him off with only 2 years in gaol, and then to make matters ever worse wholly suspend it, he should be in gaol with the keys thrown away and let the other inmates who know something about proper punishment for his kind do their thing.

mr_boats
29-10-2014, 07:24 PM
This scumbag has been a kiddy fiddle for years. This is his record:

BEATTIE'S CHILD SEX CONVICTIONS

1992 - South Australia District Court (Jailed for 2.5 years)
2004 - Victorian Magistrates Court (Jailed for nine months which was wholly suspended)
2007 - Bundaberg District Court (Jailed for six months which was wholly suspended)
2010 - Bundaberg District Court (Received an 18 month jail sentence)
2012 - Melbourne County Court (Jailed for 12 months which was wholly suspended)
2012 - Bundaberg Magistrates Court (Fined for failing to report)
2014 - Bundaberg District Court (18 month wholly suspended sentence)

He needs to go to jail. Get some karma which he is owed in the form of jailhouse justice

JEWIENEWIE
04-11-2014, 07:24 AM
You have got to be kidding me...........Is this for real....how can you be convicted of all the above then commit it again and still be able to walk free...He needs sorting out and if it was one of my kids he had touched, i would have no problem in dealing with him myself, and coping the few years I would get for taking him through the old school court system...
JN

Jsmfun
04-11-2014, 09:08 AM
You have got to be kidding me...........Is this for real....how can you be convicted of all the above then commit it again and still be able to walk free...He needs sorting out and if it was one of my kids he had touched, i would have no problem in dealing with him myself, and coping the few years I would get for taking him through the old school court system...
JN
exactly the way it should be done as he has voided any so called rights he had when he took the rights of minors. there is still a need for capital punishment imo

Lucky_Phill
04-11-2014, 09:34 AM
I think the Justice system has a lot to answer for in this case.

One would think if this crim keeps getting no punishment and no jail time, the magistrate should be held accountable.

IMO.

LP

JEWIENEWIE
04-11-2014, 10:42 AM
I bet if the Magistrates kid was involved, life would be on the cards.. I agree Lucky_phill, this magistrate and his decisions should be looked at very closely. Is it a case of the prosecution just not doing the job and this fella having an extremely good lawyer.
JN