PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex millenium/blade hulls or stacer evo?

Fisher4life
15-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Hey guys looking into a new boat in the 4.5m range suitable for creeks, bays and offshore. I haven't had a good run with ally boats in the past but I'm considering a new quinny with the blade hull, but have been looking at the stacer's.

Just chasing info from owners of quinny's on the ride quality, how dry/wet the boat is and how stable at rest.

In the same league would be the stacer boats, although their hulls don't look as advanced so possibly less prone to cracking and worse riding??

I'm keen to hear the good, the bad and ugly. Just hoping there are more good experiences rather than bad experiences.

rayken1938
15-07-2014, 07:53 PM
It may be worth your while to do a trip to the telwater factory and see how they are made and talk to the people who make them
a factory tour is free and a lot of people contemplating a telwater product take a tour.
Cheers
Ray

Noelm
16-07-2014, 07:04 PM
You do know Quintrex and Stacer are built by the same people?

Fisher4life
16-07-2014, 08:20 PM
You do know Quintrex and Stacer are built by the same people?

Yes I do, although both boats have very different shaped hulls which would presumable perform different. I have worked with a few guys who worked for telwater so I'm not asking about the factory or how the boats are built.

I want to know what any prospective owner would want to know, how good does the hull cut through the water, how dry is the boat and has anyone had problems with either of these hulls?

robothefisho
16-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Quintrex millenium hulls are the best riding and performing pressed alloy boats made in Australia. They aren't any wetter than any other tinnie and all throw plenty of spray in the right conditions. They're pretty stable. If you want better performance go to a good glass brand or a good true plate boat. But you wont do better in a pressed boat.