PDA

View Full Version : 2nd transducer install haines signature 530f

Rip it up
14-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Hey guys looking for advice on installing 2 transducers.

I have a garmin 400c sounder only and a lowrance LMS 335c GPS
Both have been working perfectly as seperate units since I bought the boat lat year. The lowrance unit never had a transducer installed, so was used only a GPS.

The garmin has a transom mounted transducer that was working very well prior to removing it for the restoration of the transom screw holes. Would hold bottom at speed etc. good visions at reef level. 15-30m etc.

Now the LMS unit never came with a transducer. I have bought a new HST-WSBL transducer. Now I can't decide wether to mount the new transducer along side the garmin unit, or use the factory supplied wet box in the floor.

I will be using epoxy glue to set a piece of corian material to the transom, this will house the pitot tube and garmin transducer. So no more transom holes and easy movements.
But don't know wether 3 water devices will distrub the water flow.

I've attached the new floor photo which shows the wetbox location at he top right corner. It has a sealable lid to screw down over the top. I have a few options to use with this.
Silicon the skimmer the the solid glass of the hull.
Epoxy set the skimmer.
Or use the mount of the skimmer to attach to the lid of wetbox. Fill with baby oil and using a gasket material create a sealed oil bath for the skimmer.

Which method would be the best arrangement for the new lowrance transducer?

Damo's dodgy boat building factory.