PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Offshore Saturday?

mallan888
11-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Anyone heading offshore moreton on Saturday? I'm heading out in the morning just wondering what people think of the forecast...Meant to be below 10knots in the morning WSW so once on around the corner and the eastern side of the island weather should be pretty good?

What do you guys think?

Also has anyone been out there in the last few weeks? Been a month since I got around there last time and didn't get too much. If you have what did you get? and what bait were you using etc?

Cheers Matt

Crunchy
11-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Wind and swell look good for Saturday but the sea might be a bit untidy after Thursday / Friday wind. Should be doable though.

rosco1974
11-07-2014, 07:34 PM
should be ok, will hopefully be through the bar by 5.45,been a few snaps and squire caught around the place,floatlining wth pillies or hole witing seen to work ok

shy guys
11-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Will be out there on the radio on 21 reel dreams working from deep tempest to sbp

Moby One
15-07-2014, 12:36 PM
I went out last Friday and didn't pick up much either so can't be much help. Trying again tomorrow. Fished the 29's and 33's for a few hours. Bait grounds just north of the spb seemed to hold everything apart from bait, baby squire,baby red throat, small reefies, baby flathead....everything except bait..Any idea where the bait goes in winter?