PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Shafter's thread?

cwcarter
08-07-2014, 11:07 PM
As title suggests.

fisho64
09-07-2014, 12:04 AM
one of two things
1/ HH got a better lawyer (one that the bikies use maybe)
2/ they are discussing a settlement and a precondition is removal of the threads (gone from Fishnet also)

bluefin59
09-07-2014, 02:43 AM
Is it gone from Facebook as I don't go there ... Matt

Funchy
09-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Is it gone from Facebook as I don't go there ... Matt

yep, still up on FB

lee8sec
09-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Possably pulled due to the slanging. Just what the HH trolls wanted.

Camhawk88
09-07-2014, 09:02 AM
YEs if that was the case then extremely poor form from the Mods- would have been easy to remove offensive posts. And if past observations are anything to go by then that would have been how it was done so I would be very surprised if Ausfish removed the entire thread for this reason.
I'd say legal action, either threats or settlement, would be the most likely scenario.

Jsmfun
09-07-2014, 09:17 AM
if your out there shafter let us know your ok (we are all concerned)

Crunchy
09-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Pulled by AF mods due to the slagging off that was going on - had it remained a discussion it would still be there

Camhawk88
09-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Do you have info regarding that crunchy or are you guessing? It would surprise me that they would remove the whole thread- a very important thread, because a couple of blokes got into some niggle. Previously threads that have gone that way have simply had the offending comments removed.

aussiebasser
09-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Someone mentioning that Shafter would probably like to meet someone else in a dark alley probably didn't add to the longevity of the post. The facebook page seems to be heavily moderated in one direction.

Crunchy
09-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Do you have info regarding that crunchy or are you guessing? It would surprise me that they would remove the whole thread- a very important thread, because a couple of blokes got into some niggle. Previously threads that have gone that way have simply had the offending comments removed.

Yes, that is what happened, just have to accept it.

creat
09-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Would their lawyers threatening Ausfish owner have anything to do with the decision to remove the thread?

aussiebasser
09-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Would their lawyers threatening Ausfish owner have anything to do with the decision to remove the thread?

I'd bet money that's not why the post was deleted.

Camhawk88
09-07-2014, 01:16 PM
I can accept it i just wanted to clarify if it is what happened or if it was speculation.
Not the way I would have handled the situation but.

Chalk up a win for the trolls.

aussiebasser
09-07-2014, 01:21 PM
I think it was Shafter's mates who started the threats, not the trolls Cam. Have a look at the FB page, he's blocked some bloke for rude language, but then when you read some of the other stuff there, it seems like there are double standards at play.

bonneville
09-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Pulled by AF mods due to the slagging off that was going on - had it remained a discussion it would still be there
very interesting !!
seems the mod's were happy to leave up posts from Aquaholic where he called shafter a " shonk, and a liar", but wouldn't tolerate anyone objecting to the accusations ?????
I believe there was more to this, and I offer my sincere apologies if my comments have in any way caused the mod's to react in such a way.
I am neither a mate of shafters nor one of the trolls with an agenda, seems the mod's need to do the right thing here and re-instate the thread and simply remove any offending posts, or perhaps an explanation as to why offending posts were left for such a period to cause a reaction, causing the removal of the entire thread.......
im happy to put up the message I received from the mod's on why my post was removed.

bonneville

Camhawk88
09-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Yeah Dale there was a bit both ways. As I mentioned, that could have been circumvented by removing those posts and dishing out a few warnings but that's not what eventuated.
The intent of the trolls was to stir up sh#t and inflame the situation with the intended result of getting it shut down. That is what has occurred.

The Woo
09-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Shame it was removed. As I'd said earlier I have no dog in the fight, but was interested to see which way the cards landed.

I'd have thought if a thread clen up and some warning were needed that would have sufficed - to see the entire thread deleted truly is a shame. I would like to know the outcome, and to be able to make up my own mind if HH is dead to me or not.

kiwimex
09-07-2014, 04:31 PM
What a joke! can't believe it was pulled by the mods rather than deleting the offensive posts. I guess we can all re-post updates from the Facebook page as they appear!

cwcarter
09-07-2014, 06:51 PM
What a joke! can't believe it was pulled by the mods rather than deleting the offensive posts. I guess we can all re-post updates from the Facebook page as they appear!

Good idea. I don't have facebook.
This was a great thread. The pictures told the story.

Having been in a similar situation but on a much smaller scale this scenario is gut wrenching. Consumer affairs. What a joke...another governmental body wasting tax payers money. They do nothing.
If you don't have money for a lawyer, I mean alot of money then you really have now where to go other than what shafter is doing.

Its not a great feeling when your excited to get your next great new purchase and after the excitement has died down you start to find things wrong. Then you find more and it all turns to shit.
All you want is what you paid for.

sharkymark2
10-07-2014, 09:42 AM
I as another one am sad to see the thread totally gone. Was watching with great interest as there could have been ground breaking ramifications with his problem he has had. For to long the Vehicle industry has been protected from the same rules as other retailers but the ACCC has done very little for the consumer for this type of issue.

myusernam
10-07-2014, 09:56 AM
so instead of editing posts or locking the topic before it went bad they removed due to some bad posts? If so that's pretty poor.
Isn't the purpose of a forum like this to be a benefit to the users. Now it's gone someone else might have to go through what shafter is going through.
So long as there is no other reason (threats of legal action etc) I say they should post back as locked topic with the last few pages removed.
(or heavily moderate) lest someone else get burned.

bluefin59
10-07-2014, 10:00 AM
It's sort of funny how shafters problems have disappeared here and on fishnet a thread praising HainesHunters supposed quality has popped up . Matt

Red Emperor
10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Just out of curiosity as a new member, who even are the moderators names??? I can't remember seeing them post anywhere at all?

Bull
10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Just out of curiosity as a new member, who even are the moderators names??? I can't remember seeing them post anywhere at all?

Lucky Phill would be the only Moderator you would see posting on Ausfish. He really knows his stuff and is always happy to help out in anyway. The other Mods as far as I can tell hide in the shadows or don't come on the site anymore.

Red Emperor
10-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Oh yep, didn't realise he was a moderator, he seems like a great fella and one of the boys. At least other forums moderators put up what I did wrong and why etc. pretty piss poor if they're all hiding

aussiebasser
10-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Before another Mod roast, perhaps we should be sure about the reasons why the post has gone.

Bull
10-07-2014, 12:21 PM

Before another Mod roast, perhaps we should be sure about the reasons why the post has gone.
There is no question why the post got pulled.

Red Emperor
10-07-2014, 12:35 PM
There is no question why the post got pulled.

Well, what was the reason....??

Bull
10-07-2014, 01:04 PM

Crunchy was spot on with why it got pulled

Red Emperor
10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Then the mods should have deleted inappropriate posts and warned people to follow the moderating guidelines, not delete the entire thread. Just seems like a wild knee jerk reaction to me by moderators who were too lazy to edit thread as posts went along! Not having a go at anyone and I don't know the full story but pretty much the whole boat was stuffed and we all know shafter didn't build the whole boat, if at all, any of it.