PDA

View Full Version : 3M Marine Sealant 4200 -where have you seen it?

baitable
27-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Ok, I'm installing a new chirp thru hull transducer and have decided to go with 3M Marine Sealant 4200. The funny thing is, i cannot track any of the stuff down. I've tried whitworths, bias, and even called 3m but still have no luck. anyone got a hot tip on where to source some from? At worst i'll order from oer seas but surely its exists somewhere in Brisbane....

Help please

myusernam
27-06-2014, 05:47 PM
sikaflex marine caulking compound. bunnings

Moonlighter
27-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Sikaflex 291 is the stuff you want.

The 3M is readily available in the USA, not so much here.

And by the way, after you have used it, put a plug in the nozzle, wrap it in glad wrap and put it in the freezer, it will keep good in there. Ive had a tube in there for 8 months and used it for the 3rd time the other day and it was fine.

Otherwise it will go off in a month or two.

The Woo
27-06-2014, 06:45 PM
^^^^ As above. The septics use 3M. Aussies use Sika. The 291 is the one you need as above.

scottar
27-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I have used 3M 5200 on shoot through hull wet boxes before but for the life of me can't remember where we got it from. What I can tell you about it is that the sh*t makes Sika look like water in comparison. The sika will be fine or another product that I like is the fixtech marine sealant. I would be loath to put a proper through hull in with the 3M. I have had to remove a few that were Sika'd in and they don't come out easy. With the 3M I rekon they would be damn near impossible.