PDA

View Full Version : Boat Shed Show me Yours and who was the Best Price

copie
24-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi all I am in the Brisbane bayside and wanting to put up a new boat shed shortly.
It appears there are varying prices for what seems to be the same shed same size and same place.
Give me some feed back on who did yours and why any pics if who have them.

Thanks Mark

scottar
24-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Mine is a Total Span kit. I installed it myself. Turned out good apart from the concrete(turns out I'm not such a good concreter). The rest of it was just like mechano. Down the track, I have then ripped the front out of it and manufactured a couple of barn doors that follow the profile of the frame to allow a bigger boat to go in and out without dropping the canopy and clears. Has a 2.7 metre wall height, is 5 metres wide and 9 long. Fits a Seafarer Victory. Make sure you take the option of a wider roller door when you purchase if you go that way.

hainsofast
24-06-2014, 06:27 PM
just buy the steel and build it yourself, soo easy

kizza1
26-06-2014, 09:58 PM
i recently bought a titan 6x11 with 3m sides. its actually 6x7 internal with a 4x6 carport. 3.8m roller door, pa door, 900x1500 window, 22degree roof.
it was about 6700 for the kit and about 5000 for the slab from memory with about 30m3 of soil.
just remember you will loose about 4-500mm in height under the rollerdoor so go as high as you can.
i have since put a mezanine up for storage that comes out 2.4 from the back wall and is the full 6m wide. it has about 1.7m clearance from the roof in the centre and about 700mm clearance at the edges. This has given me so much more room on the floor. it has probably cost me another $600 in gal purlins, bolts and yellowtongue flooring.

i wouldnt suggest a titan to anyone. this was the second large shed i have bought and installed myself. there was about 5 major problems i had with it. i had to drill about 100 16mm holes in the main purlins as they forgot to punch them. when i rang to ask them about it they didnt want to know. they punched another purlin 10mm out. there instructions werent worth the paper they were printed on. flashing was folded to 100mm to fit over 90mm c channel.

there was plenty of other problems also. When i saw the local salesman about it he said wait untill they ring you to do a phone survey and then tell them. Well when they rang i asked them to ring back so i could run through the problems while i was at home and i never heard from them again.

my neighbour had one installed a month later and he had a few dramas too. All i can say is if you go with titan be very carefull and dont expect any after sale service.

Dantren
27-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Hey Copie.
I have to agree with Kizza.
My Titan experience was a shocker. I bought a 7.5m deep, 4 bay with open boat park on the end. I bought the kit for 10K, then three days before delivery they told me they couldn't build the kit as drawn. Lucky I had a contract because this meant they had to upgrade the construction design to what they call a Blue. Eventually the kit arrived and I got a proper Titan contractor to install. The had to down tools a few times because parts were missing from the kit. The finished product is awesome, but the process was painful.
IMHO the most important features in a shed are:
Don't build right up to boundary if possible. Get at least 1.5m behind the shed for storage
Get more depth than you need
Power, Data lights and water
Automatic roller doors
Sign a contract

I'll try & get some pics up if you need them.
Dan.