PDA

View Full Version : New to the Gold Coast

troy
21-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Been putting off this Thread for 3 months now as it could all go wrong but it I will take my chances.
Have not posted for nearly 18 months so here goes.
I am now a Gold Coast resident and moved from Nth Qld around 4 months ago and at the moment I am Boatless and I am considering buying a small tinny around the 4 metre range but not sure where I will be able to use it as this area is all unknown to me.
I live at Tallebudgera and I do not have a clue if I was to buy one where I could use it and I know there is Tallebudgera Creek and Currumbin Creek but not sure how far you can go up these creeks to get the use and also there is the Spit but towing a boat there from here is a bit daunting around Surfers Paradise and onwards to me until I get more confindent and use to the area
At this stage I am not looking to go off shore but would like opinions and options of where to use it if any.
Thanks
Troy

gr hilly
21-06-2014, 08:30 PM
g'day troy there a good few places you can go close to your place,the Narang River coomera river or you can simply fish the calm waters from the southport seaway to the jumpinpin.

cheers Hilly

oldie
21-06-2014, 08:37 PM
frak the gold coast 10mins south you can come into gods country tweed river plenty of good fish here if you willing to put in the time finding where and when they bite, such an easy tow from Tulli mate

oldie
21-06-2014, 08:37 PM
whats ya budget on the new vessel i may know of a couple

waterbaby
22-06-2014, 08:55 AM
hi i live in palm beach near tally and tow my 4.45 up to the broadwater all the time its a easy thing to do, the drive is very straight forward i leave early and there is no traffic coming home is no worrys in the traffic.tally creek is very shallow in some places so care must been takeni fish out of my canoe most of the time and do very well, the tweed river is a easy drive as well and some great spots to fish

Giffo65
22-06-2014, 11:01 AM
As others have said, the Tweed is close and a big waterway, just remember your fishing licence in NSW.And no cast nets in NSW !

wayno60
22-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Troy, how's life treating you these days?

Welcome to the gold coast and like said earlier Tally creek, Currumbin and the tweed are all good places to wet a line if you don't want the hassle of going thru surfer. Theres plenty of boat sales on the coast Tweed marine, there's one at Currumbin and the big one at Miami.

good luck.

troy
22-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Troy, how's life treating you these days?

Welcome to the gold coast and like said earlier Tally creek, Currumbin and the tweed are all good places to wet a line if you don't want the hassle of going thru surfer. Theres plenty of boat sales on the coast Tweed marine, there's one at Currumbin and the big one at Miami.

good luck.
Hi Wayne,
I am doing okay and I thought my move to the coast would end my boating days which would have made the boss happy but I just cannot get boating out of my life.
Have tried to be a land lover but it is not working so I will start looking for a medium size tinny .
Off shore boats are not an option for me now as I have had many years of owning them but old age never misses anyone.
Thanks
Troy