PDA

View Full Version : Thieves hit a new low.....

Axl
17-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Have a read of this thread from Myswag, thieving bastards are getting more cunning everyday and I know alot of people on here use Nudgee boat ramp.

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=37917.msg614171;topicseen#msg61417 1

fishing111
17-06-2014, 11:19 AM
For a thief it has become immeasurably easier with the advent of mobile phones, as all that is needed in a lot of cases is a lookout to follow the victim, and that's just for opportunists who aren't that bright, let alone for someone serious who want's your stuff, as they'll stalk and find a way. We need way better lighting and video cctv of all ramps, not just the big ones.

Moonlighter
17-06-2014, 06:13 PM
A year or two ago at Wynnum they were breaking into cars with boat trailers and stealing the owners handbook or rego papers, googling the persons home phone number and if no answer, they then went there and burgled the place, feeling confident that the owners were out fishing for the day.

The message is: don't leave anything in the car that has your name and address on it.

Dignity
18-06-2014, 06:54 PM
It seems that these guys go to a lot of trouble at times to steal things yet if they worked this hard at a proper living I reckon they would make more money. The world sure is screwy.

Dignity
18-06-2014, 06:55 PM
A year or two ago at Wynnum they were breaking into cars with boat trailers and stealing the owners handbook or rego papers, googling the persons home phone number and if no answer, they then went there and burgled the place, feeling confident that the owners were out fishing for the day.

The message is: don't leave anything in the car that has your name and address on it.

I guess I am behind the times but at one stage you had to keep your car rego papers in the car with you, has this been dropped.

Moonlighter
18-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Its all online now, no need anymore.

wayno60
18-06-2014, 08:00 PM
so now i need to carry a spare for the car and two for the boat...kin low lifes...

ccrogue14
19-06-2014, 07:22 PM
No news. My trailer got stolen from the Mordialloc boat ramp 5 days ago.
I went fishing at 5PM got back at 7PM and the trailer was gone. Reported it to Police but im sure its long gone by now.
Bloody low-lifes!

SummerTrance
19-06-2014, 07:58 PM
No news. My trailer got stolen from the Mordialloc boat ramp 5 days ago.
I went fishing at 5PM got back at 7PM and the trailer was gone. Reported it to Police but im sure its long gone by now.
Bloody low-lifes!

Jeez you're not having much luck are you.

Can I ask, what did you do ? Ive always wondered what I'd do in that situation and what to do with the boat.

Luc
19-06-2014, 08:32 PM
I'd be getting an RACQ flatbed to get my boat home.

ccrogue14
19-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Jeez you're not having much luck are you.

Can I ask, what did you do ? Ive always wondered what I'd do in that situation and what to do with the boat.

Yeah not much luck at all. :( Perhaps a sign to stay off the water for a while ... (well my wife seems to think so anyway lol)

I tied my boat into a free mooring at the Mordialloc Yacht Club, took all valuables out of it and went home. Then torrential rains started here in Melbourne, so worried that it may take on water and sink I went down during the night and scooped water out of the hull.

I also reported it to the police.

The next day I went and bought a used trailer.

sneaky fisho
19-06-2014, 08:46 PM
The first thing I bought when ibgot my boat was a lock for the trailer . Goesbover the tow ball and all.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

gr hilly
19-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Most of the time now days these criminals don't care if they get caught as long as they can buy a fix of there drugs for that day I think the law should be more severe and house arrest is a good thing make the thieves housebound with anklets no more playing they are in jail at home.
Hilly

Luc
20-06-2014, 06:14 PM
House arrest!!

A good public whipping might make these p...ks twice.