PDA

View Full Version : New Searod build

goat boy
10-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Well I purchased a boat at the recent boat show and its finally coming along. Boat is a 4.8m Formosa Searod, and Duncan from Formosa has been great to deal with so far IRT some mods I've asked for and accomodated me in each request. Boat is still about 4 weeks from delivery to me, getting painted in the next week or so and then starting the fitout. Here's a few pics and I'll upload some more as it starts moving along.

surveyor
13-06-2014, 04:10 AM
hi G boy
Very impressive build it certainly has nice lines and is packed with detail
will be a weapon good luck

Spaniard_King
13-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Nice one GB, what engine/electronics you running?

davo
13-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I took a ride in a Formosa recently. Very good value . It was a 5.5 metre Tomohawk. If I was going to say anything it would be that I would like them with a much higher casting deck. A lot of boats have the problem and it limits storage area. Mr Formosa has come a long way in the last few years.

goat boy
13-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Nice one GB, what engine/electronics you running?

90 Suzuki and one of the new Garmin 7in gpsmaps or echomaps, depending on how much I want to spend on it, I'm still undecided.

Camhawk88
14-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Nice Goat boy. Have a mate that brought the 4.8m about a year ago, fitted with a 90 Honda. Have been out in it once and is a good rig, nice layout and good ride for its class.
Exciting times!

Rodpal
16-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Nice thread GB,

I've been looking around for a 5.2m CC and came across the Searod boats, (are these the same guys) they looked the goods compared to stacer, seajay etc but wasn't aware they will allow some custom options.

The one I was looking at was at Brisbane Yamaha and had reverse chines and 4 small ballast tubes through the transom, are these the same boats ?.

Brisbane Yamaha don't carry Searod boats anymore so the search fell dead. would be very interested in how the build goes and more importantly the end result and anything you would do differently.

Your bowsprit, console and rooftop looks impressive. I've found it hard to find someone to work with in relation to some small custom options built into a nice CC.

Be very interested in how she goes and also some contact details if that's ok.

Cheers Rod

outwide1
16-06-2014, 12:33 PM
If Dave is painting it you will be impressed with the job.
Nice little boat that one,cheers Mick.

Jsmfun
16-06-2014, 03:58 PM
90 Suzuki and one of the new Garmin 7in gpsmaps or echomaps, depending on how much I want to spend on it, I'm still undecided.
looking very nice mate try and get the garmin 751xs with g2 card and chirp few mor $$$ but well worth it i love mine and the clarity is awsome imo

goat boy
16-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Nice thread GB,

I've been looking around for a 5.2m CC and came across the Searod boats, (are these the same guys) they looked the goods compared to stacer, seajay etc but wasn't aware they will allow some custom options.

The one I was looking at was at Brisbane Yamaha and had reverse chines and 4 small ballast tubes through the transom, are these the same boats ?.

Brisbane Yamaha don't carry Searod boats anymore so the search fell dead. would be very interested in how the build goes and more importantly the end result and anything you would do differently.

Your bowsprit, console and rooftop looks impressive. I've found it hard to find someone to work with in relation to some small custom options built into a nice CC.

Be very interested in how she goes and also some contact details if that's ok.

Cheers Rod

Hi Rod,

Yep they are the same boats you have looked at, built by Formosa. The website (searod.com.au) states there is a dealer up in Townsville otherwise Coastal Powerboats down the coast at Burleigh Heads is who I am going through. You can contact Formosa/Searod through either of the websites or pm me and I can pass you a contact no. for Duncan from Formosa. And yeh, they are very hospitable to fine tuning to what you would like in the build.

WalFish
16-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Goat boy, not sure about Townsville, but Tinnie Shack at Mission Beach is where I bought my Tomahawk si I guess they would sell the SeaRod as well. Great dealers and great service - better process than Brisbane could offer and they don't muck about with engines - Honda dealer so no worries:P

BAR UP
18-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Hey man, I have a 5.2 side console Searod. Best and most useable boat I have ever owned and it is number 13. It is 14 months old now and I have 192 hours on the motor. I take my boat out to Hutchies regularly and have taken her to Stanage bay 3 times and fished the offshore islands up there. Duncan and Ross from Formosa did a great job and nothing was too difficult including the alterations I requested. I have a very big casting deck and custom fitted esky beneath. Sometimes offshore the casting deck is a bit high but my boat is going back to Formosa to have a leaning post fabricated and also modifications to the transome so I can fit trim tabs. I run a 100hp Yamaha 4stroke with a 150ltr fuel tank. 80lb minkota with onboard charger, 3 Lorance touch screen sounders all interfaced through NEMA system. Forget Brisbane Yamaha they are incompetent. Peter.

chocolatemoose
19-06-2014, 07:10 PM
thats a brilliant looking build!! . very im-jealous-pressed

goat boy
26-06-2014, 04:07 PM
So it's been painted now and had the floor/carpet installed. Having a couple of removable flip seats installed (take out for overnighting on) and one of those Formosa bait tank/boards put on too. Duncan has a few more things to do on it and then its off to Coastal (in a week or so) for the rest of the fitout, happy days. Once again, big shout-out to Duncan and the crew for the little extras I've asked for, nothing has been too hard and a pleasure to deal with the whole way