PDA

View Full Version : mercury vessel view 4 speed paddle wheel setup.

mitch_wahoo
08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Hey everyone,

Just got a new 150 merc 4 stroke fitted to my hydrofield. I cant get the speed to read on the vessel view 4 gauge.

It has a paddle wheel speedo on the back of the boat.

Has anyone else fitted this gauge and had the same problem?

Is there any special tricks or tips to get it working?

Id ask the dealer but there not open until Tuesday.

Thanks, Mitch

scottar
08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Mitch,

Not overly familiar with the Merc gauge but check in the manual to see if it has the opton of hookup to GPS - might be set to that rather than paddlewheel. I know the yammy ones do that and have a vague recollection of the older smartcraft being the same

LittleSkipper
08-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Gidday Mitch! My 2009 Merc 75hp has a tube similar to a pitot tube running along the inside leg of the outboard.

I'm pretty sure your brand new 150 will have something similar being the latest model.

If you don't mind me asking isn't the paddle wheel type speedo a bit old school?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mitch_wahoo
08-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Ok I'll get the dealer to have a look. I'm not too sure if the paddle whel is old school. I just assumed it came with the motor fitting harness as it was fitted with the motor.

MyWay
08-06-2014, 06:57 PM
I m pretty sure pedal wheel is a part of transducer or sometimes they come in seperate unit so you can bolt it next to transducer and it reads speed through fish finder or gps
That's is how it was on my old Raytheon GPS but I could be wrong . I also see them sometimes as part of smart gauge

mitch_wahoo
09-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Im pretty sure the paddle wheel came with the Vessel view 4 gauge. There is settings to select it in the menu. I've done that but its still not reading.

mitch_wahoo
09-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Turns out it's got both the paddle wheel and pitot tube. Got them sorted now. Just had to select the right ones in the smart craft settings.

LittleSkipper
11-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Turns out it's got both the paddle wheel and pitot tube. Got them sorted now. Just had to select the right ones in the smart craft settings.

Fantastic! So you get to choose which one you want to use by the push of a few buttons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mitch_wahoo
11-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Yeh that's exactly right little skipper. Technology hey... Gotta say im loving the new 150 4 stroke merc. even though ive only been for a quick spin in it.