PDA

View Full Version : Switch panel

Seahorse
07-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Well i got my switch panel in. Got 4 switches in a seal box.
i used those 2 stud posts instead of buzz bar.
Well that was a mistake.

at least the screw on the end of the buzz bar is connected to all the screws that take the accessories.

These 2 studed posts are not joined.

Stuffed if i could work out why nothing worked. Then it occured to me. Maybe each stud is not connected to each other.

i then ran a wore between the 2 live studs and another between the 2 neg studs.

presto everything worked.

Why dont they tell you this when you buy them

Gon Fishun
07-06-2014, 04:33 PM
i then ran a wore between the 2 live studs and another between the 2 neg studs.

Sounds like a line out of Eskimo Nell.

scottar
07-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Usually those double post setups are one post negative and the other positive. That's why there is no connection but you got it to work so all good.

wayno60
07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Why dont they tell you this when you buy them

So you will have to go back to the shop and ask, then while your there have to buy something else..

which reminds me of bunnings stainless steel section.... everything comes in three's. Most thing you need to do on your boat is 2 or 4 so then you need to but another packet just for the extra bolt you need.. but on the up side you have spares.

marto78
07-06-2014, 05:04 PM
So you will have to go back to the shop and ask, then while your there have to buy something else..

which reminds me of bunnings stainless steel section.... everything comes in three's. Most thing you need to do on your boat is 2 or 4 so then you need to but another packet just for the extra bolt you need.. but on the up side you have spares.

Or you could just open a pack and put an extra one in the packet you are going to buy ::) :-X ;)

Or go to a nut and bolt place and buy the right amount for a fraction of the cost :)

Noelm
07-06-2014, 05:05 PM
That's why you don't go to Bunnings... A "proper" shop you can buy them by any quantities you want, 1, 3 or 50 if you like.