PDA

View Full Version : Mud island help please

Mattywalton
04-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey guys

Been exploring around mud island over the last few months and have read a lot on here for advice. Looking for some more recent knowledge.

Manage to get a lot of undersized fish.

So just asking for any tips and spots.

Would love some gps marks to get me in the general area for some good fish. Mainly chasing snapper. Been using a combination of plastics and bait.

Any gps marks (private message) would be great.

Thanks

marto78
04-06-2014, 07:15 PM
I think that pretty much any mark you could ever wish for around Mud is already on the internet.

From what I have read on here and other forums is that you need to stay away from the crowds and either fish week days or if everyone is on the east side of the island fish the west and most of all be quiet because fish are easily spooked in shallow waters.

Jsmfun
04-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Exactly what marto78 said about GPS marks. try trolling 10-15f divers slowly around the 55mm to 80mm lure size on the run in tide while you are trolling you will locate plenty of lumps and ledges I normally troll between 3-6m deep from east to west and back

Mattywalton
04-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Cheers guys. Is Scarborough reef and green island similar fishing to mud?

bowds13
04-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Scarby is fished similar, stay away from the crowd that's peppered around the main reef, stay quite and fish smart. Don't be afraid to sound out wider and find your own little bommie or ledge with no one near it and a fish shouldn't be to far away.

oh and don't forget to high 5 all the blokes that come zipping past at arms distance while you fish