PDA

View Full Version : wanting to do a holiday Possibly around Hinchinbrook advice required

brrbear
29-05-2014, 09:12 AM
2 retired couples would like to travel north this winter with a boat in tow for a couple of weeks .I wanted to do the house boat thing but at $700 a day it is well out of my price range.
I was hoping for other options that I could consider that is less expensive.
I have a 5.3 metre boat and it would be great if the reef was not to far out>
Ta

ozynorts
29-05-2014, 09:25 AM
I assume you are meaning Hinchinbrook Island? Have you looked into Agnes Water/1770 at all? Not as far north and you have reef, creek and bay fishing options. There are caravan parks and one has cabins as well.

Yobbo70
29-05-2014, 06:32 PM
I would go to Lucinda, from there you can fish the Hinchinbrook or head offshore, there is a pretty good caravan park there and a good boat ramp at Dungeness, they also hire houseboats there to, I would go there and hit them up for a ca$h offer for a houseboat for a few days, if it`s not booked out it`s not going to make them any money tied up on the berth, My mate lives there and is a pro fisherman, reef fish and mackerel. Even I can catch fish at Lucinda, and I`m bloody hopeless at fishing

WalFish
29-05-2014, 07:15 PM
As Yobbo has said - Lucinda!! Best spot on the coast. About 30km to the nearest end of Bramble Reef. On the way you can check out Orpheous and Pelorus Islands and a few others that link up with the Palm Island group - always fish around there. If the weather is crap then head up the channel and chase jacks and barra and mud crab too if the time is right. Lots of water to explore and your boat will be a good size for both up the channel and offshore.

The Black Unicorn
30-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Yep another tick for Lucinda. You could probably get a cheapish rental house in the area as well, maybe Taylors Beach or Forrest Beach. Awesome spot.

Tracker
30-05-2014, 09:26 AM
we did 2 weeks at Lucinda and 2 weeks at Cardwell.Worked out well ,access to channel both ends+
Would have been cheaper to rent house then caravan park (2 couples),
Took boats and tents.:)

bluefin59
30-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm heading up that way tomorrow and staying at Taylor's beach , I will post some sort of report next week maybe ... Matt