Who's got one
Who rates them
Who Doesn't
Pros and cons

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maru222
30-05-2014, 04:11 AM
mates got one, seems good to me . good value for money . welds are not beautiful but strong. good look boat!

kaspa2009
30-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I've got a 4.35 side console with a 60hp merc on the back. I've had it since new and it's just clicked over 120 hrs.

Pros: good layout and good factory setup, heaps of storage, plumbed in live tanks. nice and stable (for a boat of it's size). goes well with a 60hp, great fuel economy. I usually fish with one or two mates and the front and rear casting decks provide plenty of room for flicking plastics.

Con's: no rod storage, wet boat unless it is dead calm (i've been drier going swimming). I reckon they are under powered when sold with the base engine package.

In my opinion they are good value for money.

SnaggedAgain
30-05-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm looking at the new 460 Rebel
Will put a 70 Yamaha 4stroke on the back which will push it along nicely and give me fuel economy as well
I have been in a 4.85 Dominator which went well and is also packed with features but was wet in some cross chop coming from front on

SnaggedAgain
30-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Is your boat the Fishmaster model ?

sneaky fisho
31-05-2014, 04:53 AM
I recently purchased thd 435 fishmaster side console .with 40 merc fourstroke. Absolutely love it.comes packed with features couldnt find a boat better in the same price range.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

kaspa2009
01-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Is your boat the Fishmaster model ?

mine is a kakadu pro (same hull as the dominator) the current kakadu pro has the same hull as the fish master I believe

davo
01-06-2014, 04:23 PM
I have the 396 Magnum. It is a great boat. I have a larger plate alloy boat so this one gets all the rough stuff. I have dragged it 7000Km over Queensland and fished the Gulf waters and then done the East Coast including a rough stretch across 16 Km of open water with two people and enough gear for three days. It finished up on top of rocks one night and now has some scuff marks and small dents under the hull but no real problem. I have a 25HP twin carb Yamaha 2 stroke and a 55lb Minnkota bow mount. The thing does 47 - 50Km/h and cruises very nicely. It rides better than my father's 4.2 metre TABS. They are great value and the build quality is very good. Mine will do anything a similar sized Hornet will but for a lot less money and handles open water even better. Really they are the old Allycraft beefed up a bit. My mate has an old 4.1 Allycraft Topender and mine is a 90% size version of his hull. After I bought mine one of my brother in law's rode in it and bought a 3.7 metre V punt and the other brother-in-law bought the tiller steer 4.3 metre Abalone. All of us are very happy

SnaggedAgain
01-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys

Sheik
01-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Bloke down the ramp today had a 485 with a 60 etec on the back which he seemed to like, and he caught more fish than us too...

SnaggedAgain
04-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Orders been placed looking forward to getting out on the water in my new boat !!!

topcatch
16-06-2014, 06:34 PM
One thing you need to be aware of - even if you pay extra to have a pod put on for the electric motor they may not put a support bracket under the casting deck for the battery. I know i got hit for another $350 to weld one in today despite paying extra and waiting longer for one with the motor pod. Talking to the supplier some come with the bracket some without.

gr hilly
16-06-2014, 09:47 PM
I've got a 4.35 side console with a 60hp merc on the back. I've had it since new and it's just clicked over 120 hrs.

Pros: good layout and good factory setup, heaps of storage, plumbed in live tanks. nice and stable (for a boat of it's size). goes well with a 60hp, great fuel economy. I usually fish with one or two mates and the front and rear casting decks provide plenty of room for flicking plastics.

Con's: no rod storage, wet boat unless it is dead calm (i've been drier going swimming). I reckon they are under powered when sold with the base engine package.

In my opinion they are good value for money.
Funny you should say that it is a wet boat unless its calm ,a mate of mine back in the 80s was a Clark dealer and a founding member of the local air sea rescue he told me then they were a wet but good boat but to me a good boat is good and not wet we had a few spiffs over that but he was one of the best skippers on the water .
hilly

Camhawk88
17-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Well Hilly you will be looking for a long long time for a good boat under 5m either tiller steer or consul because they are all wet, especially in a quartering sea. Dont expect to take a boat of this size and layout into the blue yonder and stay dry with any sort of chop.

I had a late 90s model abalone and it was a great boat for its class. Very solid- check out the number of cross members going from gunnel to gunnel then go and count the number on pretty much any other tinny of that size. From memory my 4.93m had 15 going full gunnel to gunnel while the quinnies and stacers I looked at had about 7. They had 14-15 cross memebers but about half of them only went chine to chine.
I had it in some ordinary seas and it handled them well. Like any tinny of that siz,e it was a back breaker into chop and got wet but importantly it tracked very true in following and cross seas- the type of sea that will generaly be the cause of capsize.

Good solid boat and good value for money.