PDA

View Full Version : End of financial sale?

Rustness
28-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi all I'm looking at getting a new boat. Looking at maybe a 460 Quintrex Renegade. Just wondering if boat yard do end of financial year sales like car yards etc? Is it worth waiting a few weeks? May sound silly but only bought one new before. Thanks for any info.

Still_Dreamin
28-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Mate I find the tinnie and tackle show is the best specials on boats. But it was just on in April.

Rustness
28-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Yeah I should've gone but never got the chance. Want to get one soon. Thought it may save a few dollars if the do the sale.

oldie
28-05-2014, 10:26 PM
what package are you after? i can put you in touch with a mate who works at local Quinni dealer in tweed heads

ReefRobber
28-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Mate just shop around. They've all got some flexibility in their prices. Get a few quotes and compare them and share them.

fishychrissy
29-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Mate, a lot of boat yards are still doing the "show specials"
Went to Brisbane Yamaha at Burpengary a couple of days ago and they have a multitude of Renegades there.
They must want to get rid of one or two as about half the yard is taken up with them.
They look a nice boat too, if I hadn't have just got my Stessco, would have considered one of those puppies.
Love my Stessco by the way, heavy duty hull, good ride, they're worth considering as they're a little cheaper than the Renegades. The money I saved I was able to invest in a Yammie F60F for it.
Cheers,
Chris

Rustness
29-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot guys. Will go look at Brisbane Yamaha next week.

Seahorse
29-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Mate i just bought the 420 renegade. Best boat i have owned. Great ride. I put 50 yammy 4 stroke

Rustness
29-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm looking at the 460 with a 70 yamaha on it. Is it good to flick lures from? Nice and stable? Thanks.

ReefRobber
29-05-2014, 04:54 PM
My mate said his doesn't rock around too much. I couldn't imagine it would be as stable as a hornet for instance but it's defiantly a good looking around package if you wanted to do a run across the bay on the better days.

Rustness
29-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah I didn't think it would be as stable as a hornet but wanted something to handle some slop. Thanks for the reply. I'm keen on a water test.

Rustness
12-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Finally getting to water test a 460 renegade with a 70 yamaha on it. Boat yards are slack with customer service. I haven't heard from a few yards for over a month when they were getting them in a week supposedly. Fingers crossed I like it.

Seahorse
12-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Hey rustness.
i just bought the 420 renegade with 50 4 stroke yammy and I love it

good luck.

i got mine from yard at burpengary. They have plenty of stock

oldie
12-06-2014, 08:42 PM
stuff the 70 yami put a 75 Optimax on it

Rustness
12-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I want a 4 stroke. Not really after the 2 stroke

oldie
12-06-2014, 09:47 PM
not sure the 70 yami is the best choice 4 stroke for performance on that particular boat be interesting to hear how the test goes

Rustness
12-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I'd love a Suzuki as I had a Suzuki on my last boat and can't fault them. Just wouldn't go back to a 2 stroke after owning a 4 stroke. Not bagging 2 strokes just like 4's more.

Seahorse
13-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Whats the max HP u can have on that boat?
just go the max.
i thought a 70hp would push it along nicely.

Rustness
13-06-2014, 07:48 AM
I think max 75hp so only 70 in yamaha. I'm going max hp. They normally come with a 60 but I'm upgrading.

Rustness
13-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Took the renegade for a run. They only had a 60hp Yammie on it but was pretty happy. Pulled about 32 mph and handed well. Ordered one with a 70hp and a few extras. About 4 weeks to wait now.

Rustness
13-06-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm looking at a minn kota for the 460 now. Do you think a 55lb thrust will be enough?

scottar
13-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm looking at a minn kota for the 460 now. Do you think a 55lb thrust will be enough?

Only just. Strong tidal flow or wind will have it working pretty hard. In good conditions it will be fine. Go the Ipilot regardless of whether you go 55 or 80

ReefRobber
13-06-2014, 03:49 PM
From my limited experience with electrics I'd recommend an 80lb. Can get a bit blowy out on those dams.

fishychrissy
14-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Hey Rustness,
Should get along good with a 70 on it Mate. My Stessco 450 with a Yamaha F60 gets to a shade under 60kmh on the GPS, plenty of power and awesome on fuel.
Had a 55lb Minn Kota on my 4m tinny I just sold, and was a little under-gunned in the Passage in any current. Would go the 80lb for sure.
My whole new boat buying experience from purchasing it at the Tinnie & Tackle Show, to the delivery 7 weeks later was like having teeth pulled. Good luck with it Mate.
Cheers,
Chris

Rustness
14-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Awesome. Thanks a lot. I thought 4 weeks was going to seem like ages. 7 would be torture.

shane450
14-06-2014, 05:41 PM
I m still running mine in but I have the same boat 460 with 70 yammy , I put the 55 autopilot minnkota on it and it moves the boat well , plenty of current here on the broady

I ve done a heap of mods to mine in the last few weeks
- moved the live well to the centre position where the motor battery is meant to go , fits perfect , you just vut the silly tackle box component off .

Put a hatch where the live well was , and have my fuel tank there for balance

Have two optima D31M up front for better weight distribution

Minn kota 55 AP

Rule 3700GPH bilge

Put a hatch to access underfloor , where the factory usually fit the fuel tank , I can fit three 23L yamaha tanks in and two aftermarket tanks in the section just in front , so all up 115 litres under floor and 23L in the hatch at the back if needed , NOTE I fitted the floatation that came out of the space back in in various other areas that were not filled , and added quite a bit extra .

I m taking the boat up to Bathurst heads in August and so far I m completekly happy , it flies with the 70 on it , even at two thirds throttle , I ll open it up tomorrow

No sounder yet , still trying to decide :)

shane450
14-06-2014, 05:44 PM
FYI mine is a tiller

oldie
14-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Just be carefull how much weight you actually put in structural areas as most new boats have a max weight including people and cargo its when you exceed this number that you can have structural problems with welds and ribs etc might sound like bull shiteness but it happens

I m still running mine in but I have the same boat 460 with 70 yammy , I put the 55 autopilot minnkota on it and it moves the boat well , plenty of current here on the broady

I ve done a heap of mods to mine in the last few weeks
- moved the live well to the centre position where the motor battery is meant to go , fits perfect , you just vut the silly tackle box component off .

Put a hatch where the live well was , and have my fuel tank there for balance

Have two optima D31M up front for better weight distribution

Minn kota 55 AP

Rule 3700GPH bilge

Put a hatch to access underfloor , where the factory usually fit the fuel tank , I can fit three 23L yamaha tanks in and two aftermarket tanks in the section just in front , so all up 115 litres under floor and 23L in the hatch at the back if needed , NOTE I fitted the floatation that came out of the space back in in various other areas that were not filled , and added quite a bit extra .

I m taking the boat up to Bathurst heads in August and so far I m completekly happy , it flies with the 70 on it , even at two thirds throttle , I ll open it up tomorrow

No sounder yet , still trying to decide :)

Seahorse
14-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Good onya rustness. I was lucky when i got mine, they had 1 in stock. Bought it sunday, picked it up on friday same week.
mate i know u will love it.
i really liked the 460 but just bit big for me.

I love mine. I just put all the lights on and under gunnel lights.

fishychrissy
14-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot. I thought 4 weeks was going to seem like ages. 7 would be torture.

Yeah Mate, it was a heck of a long time to wait. Started second guessing myself about my choice of boats and setup, didn't think it would be big enough or deep enough for what I wanted it for, and so on.
Now after having it 3 weeks I literally have in my possession a weapon. It's all I could ever want from a boat that I can still launch and retrieve by myself, and can get me home safe when the weather cuts up a bit. The hull just feels like a tank, and the motor is whisper quiet even at speed. All worth it in the end. Obviously a lot of members on here have bigger and better, but the new rig was within budget for what I wanted to spend. Actually the Finance Minister's budget!
Hope your 4 weeks doesn't drag too much...but it will lol
Cheers,
Chris

Rustness
16-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I ended up with a 55 lb I-Pilot minn kotaand a Humminbird 898c sounder which will be getting installed after I pick up the boat as boat yard won't install it as I didn't buy from them. I'm getting a rod locker put in, white hull, 70 yammie, spare wheel, fusion stereo with bluetooth and a lowerance sounder for the front casting deck. Will put an extra battery in and under gunnel lights. Cant wait.

Shane450 and anyone else with a renegade could you put up some photos?