PDA

View Full Version : new suzi grey import motors available to buy here in QLD, anyone had dealings?

baitable
25-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Dont know if i'm a bit slow to pick this up but recently had a look on ebay and found a substantially discounted new suzi listed. its about 3 k less than what we would usually pay from a known dealer. Ok, this has me interested so a call is placed and i find the motor has been imported from the states. My first question is about warranty - the response was given along the lines of: they will act as the importing agent and should a problem arise i would take the motor to either themselves or a suzi dealer (down in brissie) and all correspondence and costs to fix the warranty would be paid by them for a max period of 3 years.

This gets me thinking: I guess i would have to trust that they would continue operating for a period of 3 years under the same company and stay true to their word about honoring waranty claims for the discount of 3k to be effective. Whats the thought across the community -worth it?

LittleSkipper
25-05-2014, 01:13 PM
You know the old saying? 'If it's to good to be true it usually is'..Right?

Your only asking for trouble purchasing a grey import.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

astro66
25-05-2014, 02:16 PM
the ones I saw on ebay were bare motors...by the time you add a prop...controls...everything else they end up the same price as a local bought Yamaha anyway...

Noelm
25-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Depends if your happy to save the 3 grand and take your chances, I wouldn't put too much value in their claimed warranty business, I doubt the true Suzuki importers will be standing behind that sort of thing, so (in my opinion) any implied warranty will require some sort of deal with the US selling agent, whoever that was, that is, if they are still a franchise holder if their little export business is discovered.

scottar
25-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Personally wouldn't touch it. The potential for things to get all too hard and very messy is definately there and if it does Haines aint going to want to know anything about it.

Spaniard_King
25-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Give me a call, see how my prices compare :) 0400008507

ReefRobber
25-05-2014, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole mate. That's a huge risk to save few grand.

ranga7
25-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Import it yourself and save 6k like i did. Any greys come with no warranty thats the risk u take. I think them offering some sort of warranty sounds a bit dodgy. Id import one or for 3k def get one here with 5yrs warranty.