PDA

View Full Version : servicing time?

mick.j
24-05-2014, 11:40 AM
hi all looking to work out when i should do my servicing, I have a pair of 1999 70hp evinrude 4 strokes they only have 450hours on them i am the second owner from 260hours i had a full service at that time, put new gear boxes on them at 360 hours and did an oil change and oil filters and fuel filter change at that time as well .now i am shore i should be doing oil at every 100 hours but from there i am not shore what else? can someone fill me in please .

Noelm
25-05-2014, 02:25 PM
General rule of thumb, every year or 100hours, oil change, filter change, any fuel filters changed, plugs, gear oil and oil fill plug gaskets, water pump, plus things like removing the prop and checking the shaft seal, check for fishing line wound around shaft, grease splines, grease all steering/tilt points, and any other items mentioned in your manual for your specific motor.

Noelm
25-05-2014, 02:25 PM
OH, why did you need new gear boxes?

mick.j
27-06-2014, 08:48 PM
the reason i had the new gearboxes put on was BLAKES MARINE in sydney fixed the skegs on them and put the boxes back into service with no oil in them needless to say what happened.On asking to have them fix the blown boxes they told me to f off pretty much and said i emptied the oil out and i couldn't prove they didn't put oil in them.