PDA

View Full Version : Under Floor Fuel Tanks

gammo42
22-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Hello all,

I am looking to downsize my boat, and while I have been researching I have found it very hard to find suppliers of underfloor fuel tanks, bait tanks,live wells. Yeah sure there are dedicated manufacturers but what I want to know is who supplies the boat manufacturers?

For example I have spotted a nice Quintrex that was originally purchased as a basic boat. If I was to buy this boat I would want to install an underfloor fuel tank/live well/bait tank. This boat already has a spot dedicated for these when built on the production line. So who sells these parts? As can be seen by the attached picture of the boat in question, you can see the space ready for a fuel tank:

Anyone got any ideas? I don't won't to go to the manufacturer of the boat because they will add their bit!!!!!

Gammo

ReefRobber
22-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Talk to a local aluminium fabricator. You might be surprised to find that custom work can be cheaper than one size fits most type kits.

scottar
22-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Depends whether the factory fits aluminium or plastic. If it's alloy I would image they would fabricate it themselves. Even if it is plastic you may find they mould them themselves. Some of the high volume alloy boatbuilders have invested in their own rotomoulding equipment. There is a company called Sant Marine that do a range of underfloor stuff but as already suggested, don't discount the custom stuff without comparing.

mik01
22-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Where you located?
if plastic, there's plenty of off the shelf solutions online.
if ally, it's probably a custom job.
just got my underfloor ally tank made for $550. It's a 110 litre job.

gammo42
23-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm in Townsville, I spent a couple of hours online searching for underfloor tank suppliers but had no luck. I was looking for a tank to fit the space in the photo, so it can't be a regular rectangle one.

Might have to be a custom job!

Cheers

Gammo

Crocodile
23-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Hello Gammo,

have you considered contacting Quintrex, they may have a standard tank that will fit and be less hassle.