PDA

View Full Version : New boat order placed

Seahorse
19-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Well today I placed an order for new 420 Quintrex Renegade.

This size should suit me. Still going to use the Ski, but just nice to go out in boat. I missed my tinny.

Decided to put 50hp yammy 4 stroke Tiller.

should be good package.

pick up Friday

cheers
greg

Shawn 66
19-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Congrats Greg,
Hope to see you out in the new girl soon.
Shawn

robsue
19-05-2014, 12:50 PM
should be plenty of power there Greg

MattM84
19-05-2014, 12:53 PM
They ride really well for a tinny, and go excellent with a 60 ;) but no dealer will fit one as they are only rated to 50hp

Seahorse
19-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah Shawn, keep an eye out.
Rob, may as well go for the maximum.
Matt, have u been in one? I think the 50 will be fine. Same cc as the 60.

cheers

MattM84
19-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Yea Seahorse i've been in one a few times both crabbing and fishing, the ride really impressed me for a small boat in 1/2 a meter or so of chop. The 50 will be quite adequate and is what the owner wanted but was to impatient to wait for one of the xmas period so he put a 60 yamaha 4 stroke on. He had a 40 stroke yamaha before that and it felt a little under powered with any more then 2 people and a few crab pots.

Scott Ashe
19-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Well done Greg. They look like they are a solid boat. I had a look at a couple of them at Springwood Marine on Friday, they are just a bit out of my budget at this time.
I like having the option of the under floor fuel tank. Hope you manage to bring some fish over the side soon.

Cheers

Seahorse
19-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Yeah scott, little more that what i wanted to pay, but this will be my last boat, so got a good one I think and good motor.
lets hope it has some fish over the side very soon.

hey matt its a wonder they put a 60 on it.

cheers
greg

MattM84
19-05-2014, 03:12 PM
They, as in boat shop wouldn't, he bought and fitted it up himself. The shaft in the 40 snapped and wanted to upgrade to a 50, but no one in the area could supply one in time to suite so he bought the 60. I dunno why they aren't rated to 60hp though, as the hull handles it quite well, its quite a solid/ heavy little hull

scottar
19-05-2014, 03:14 PM
She'll be a right little rocket on flat water. Mate of mine has a 4.5 Brooker with a 50 two banger and it goes great to the point of "exciting" if you dont back off in chop.

Seahorse
19-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah iam used to speed. Boat will seem bit slow after the jet ski.

kingcray
20-05-2014, 07:00 AM
Greg congrats mate. Looks like i will see you out there friday. You would be running rings around me in that thing

Seahorse
20-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Lets hope will be out friday. Need to get some run in hours done

fishychrissy
20-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Nice one Greg, sounds good.
What kind of quick delivery is that?...I still don't have mine yet!
Maybe I went to the wrong dealer?
Cheers.
Chris

Rustness
20-05-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm looking at the 460 or 490 renegade. What yard did you go through and did you get any extras? Hope to see some photos of the rig and your thoughts on it. Plus plenty of fish over the side.

Seahorse
21-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Chris, i got it from Brisbane yamaha at Burpengary. They got plenty stock. Ordered monday , pick up friday.
rustness. No extras, just negotiated a price. Tried all quinny dealers in SE qld and they gave best price. I looked at the 4.60 but i just wanted something i could handle by myself and move around the yard.
The 4.60 was a good size.

cheers
greg

Seahorse
21-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Chris
what did you order?

Lantana
21-05-2014, 04:43 PM
We have exactly this boat. Have had it almost 12 months now and it really suits what we want from a boat. With just the 2 of us in it, it really gets up and goes well. However with 4 people on board, it is a little "doughy". I had thought of another size prop, but did not want that expense just for a very odd occasion.
One dealer told us they could re rate it to a 60 hp and the 60 4 stroke Yammy is exactly the same as the 50 size wise, just "chipped" up (we were told). Again did not want the additional expense. Had to draw the line somewhere.
We have fitted a 55 lb Minn Kota iPilot with 100 aH battery and it is a great addition. This weight may have dropped top speed a tad, but not a worry at all.
I really think you will find it a top boat/motor package. Easy to use and load. There seems to be quite a few around these days which is an indicator of popularity.

Seahorse
21-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that. I take u got the 50 four stroke as well

Seahorse
21-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Hey Lantana
did u need to put a foil on the motor to keep the nose down at low speed?
i had to do that on my last 50 4 stroke. Lost bit top end but nose stayed right down when at trolling speed

cheers
greg

fishychrissy
21-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Chris
what did you order?

Hey Greg,
Ordered a Stessco SFX 450 Catcher with a 60HP 4 stroke on it.
Ordered it at the Tinnie & Tackle Show on 5th April!!!
Fingers crossed I get to pick it up tomorrow finally...tonight feels like Xmas Eve lol.
Haven't been out to wet a line since 4th April as I sold my old tinny in 3 days on Gumtree...going stir crazy.
At least now I'll be able to leave the Passage a bit more and head out the front of Bribie or out off Scarborough or the Pearl Channel for a spin on good days. It'll be nice to have a bit more boat under me.
Cheers,
Chris

Lantana
25-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Seahorse, sorry about the delay in replying. Work intrudes.
No have not fitted a foil, but giving it considerations. Spotted a boat parked up at the Service Centre on the Hwy recently. It was a Yammy 50 hp on a smaller boat then ours and had a foil fitted. I was a bit unsure how it fits, but it seems that the holes for the holding bolts for the foil have to be drilled through on 2nd (?) up horizontal bracket. At this point I am thinking that I am happy to live with it. As I stated, it is almost exclusively just the missus and I, and this is not a problem.

SWANY22
25-05-2014, 08:00 PM
I just brought a stecco sf450 with a yammie 40 2 stroke on it I get 47ks on the GPS with 2 blokes esky I run a foil on motor and 53-54ks by my self. Gee I reckon a 50 would be awesome.

fishychrissy
26-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I just brought a stecco sf450 with a yammie 40 2 stroke on it I get 47ks on the GPS with 2 blokes esky I run a foil on motor and 53-54ks by my self. Gee I reckon a 50 would be awesome.

Hey Swany,
Yeah my SFX450 flies with the 60 on it, even taking it easy running the motor on low revs for the first trip last Friday.
Forgot to put my Navionics card in the combo so had no speed reading but it was quick, and so quiet.
These Stessco hulls are pretty solid too ay?
Cheers
Chris

SWANY22
26-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Yea fishy must say luv it urs would be a weapon seen the sfx at the tackle show but they would not sell me just the boat as I all ready had motor the sfx was awesome. They would only sell the sf but am happy as. Take mine to morten and handles 15 nts easy

fishychrissy
26-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks Swany,
Great to hear you're happy with the hull and the capabilities it has.
Got mine from the show and took it out for the second time time today just out into the Bay but mainly the Passage.
Managed 56k's against the tide with 2 of us plus gear on board, and that wasn't quite WOT, stoked!
Handled boat wakes and any chop with ease, that's one solid hull.
The dealer said it would be like a missile, and he wasn't shittin' me
Cheers,
Chris