PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Hells Gate & Fairy Pools! Anyone interested joining me?

prdesa
09-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Been wanting to fish noosa national park for some time now but never got the chance to drive from brisbane just for that fishing expedition. Have 17 month old daughter and another one on the way in June.

Would love to try these spots. Never fished there before but have heard great things in regard to fish available. Also read its dangerous if you are not familiar with the area or if alone.

I am looking for other fellas who would be happy to join me, from brisbane, sunshine coast or elsewhere. Safety in numbers!!!! We can organize any day over any weekend in near future.

I own video production/photography studio in Brisbane and would love to take some shots hopefully of good catches. i think it would be great to make a little video and post here and youtube. There nothing out there video wise about these areas.

I'd love to make this a regular thing (as much as wifes allow us) maybe once a month or once or twice a quarter. Just throwing ideas here.

Anyway, if anyone is interested especially people with knowledge and experience fishing there please let me know.

How far are fairy Pools and Hells Gate from hasting street parking, walking? Is it closer coming from the other side from Sunshine Beach?

what about paradise caves, devils kitchen, lions rocks and oyster rocks areas? Looks from google map an easy short walk from sunshine side?

is it worth going by myself?

thanks everyone

iggy

-Shay-
10-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Have fished Hells gates once. Was good - caught a few tailor and bream and saw a number of bigger fish swim past with no luck.

Its maybe 30-40mins walk from hastings st end? Plus another 20mins getting down the rocks with gear I reckon?

Make sure the swell is going to be under 1m otherwise it will be pretty rough!

Havent walked from the other direction but I agree, maps make it look good although supposedly lions rock is super dangerous.

Might be keen on a weekend sometime depending on when you (and others are thinking)

prdesa
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Long walk 30-40min. Wonder would it be shorter from the other side.

Also, is it a walking track only or i can ride a bicycle, it might be faster to get there. Then leave the bike and walk dow the rocks.

I'm also happy to fish any weekend. Reckon, we wait and see how many blokes are happy to join us and then pick a saturday or sunday in next few weeks.

Anyone else fished the area recently?

thanx

iggy

SummerTrance
11-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Still a decent walk from the Sunshine side, but closer that walking from the National Park carpark on Noosa side. although its been 15 years since I've done it. Dont think it's really suitable to ride a bike from either direction.

-Shay-
12-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I dont even think you are allowed bikes in the NP to be honest.

When picking a weekend, have to make sure the swell is down otherwise it is way to dangerous

prdesa
13-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Anyone else keen to go? Any fishermen around;D

Any protection from winds out there? What winds (direction) do i want to see in the forecast to be able to fish hell gates or fairy pools?

lbger
13-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Send a Pm to a guy named pete morris..
its a long walk out and in a beautiful area, dunno about the big groups of ppl tho.. I wouldn't take ya lol.. (dont take that the wrong way)

Bustedoff
18-05-2014, 01:27 PM
I've walked around there a few times and fished once. The track isn't suitable for bikes. The waves get bigger the further you head around from Noosa towards Hells Gate. Heaps of spots all the way around there to fish from.

nathank
18-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Anyone else keen to go? Any fishermen around;D

Any protection from winds out there? What winds (direction) do i want to see in the forecast to be able to fish hell gates or fairy pools?

This is why... look on google earth, find out what wind would bugger the trip, look at the depth contours off there and figure out what sorta swell wouldn't be favourable. Figure the time of year and target species.. what type of fish do you want to target etc etc..

Lets say if you post something like: Planning a trip to hells gates spinning for pelagics on (said date) Havent fished it before anyone in the area keen to go as well pm me. You will get a bite im sure, but no research and no targets and asking is there any "fisherman" well it makes it tough.