PDA

View Full Version : Cab you flush a 150 2 stroke in a horizontal position?

cuzzamundi
06-05-2014, 09:57 PM
G'day,

As title suggests, can you/should you? Trim is gone, and she needs a start up. Thanks in advance.

Cuzza

RayLamp
06-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I prefer standing up. I cant really attach the hose when horizontal.

cuzzamundi
06-05-2014, 11:41 PM
I've got no worries attaching the hose, but I am worried about any sort if damage that may occur. A mate told me he thought it'd be right, but want to see if anyone can shed some light on it. Thanks.

Cuzza

Noelm
07-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Don't think it will hurt anything, but you MAY have a carby flooding problem, Becuse the floats might not seal off the needle and fuel will leak out (maybe) why does it need to be started right now?

Noelm
07-05-2014, 06:05 AM
Oh, and does it have a second oil container under the cowl? This could also cause a problem. There was some models that the oil system did not work with the motor tilted, but unsure of your model.

scottar
07-05-2014, 06:49 AM
One drama you will have is not being able to drain the water from the cooling system when you are finished. The other thing may be water coming back through exhaust porting if at an extreme angle once you shut it down. Recommend contacting a trusted dealer for your brand. Do you know what is wrong with the T&T? Does the motor have a manual release valve ?

Moonlighter
07-05-2014, 08:14 AM
There is a big screw on the upper leg that you can loosen and this allows you to manually drop and lift the motor if the hydraulic trim isnt working. I would loosen that and drop the motor down to normal running position and flush it there. Then let it drain and lift if back up again if necessary.

i would not flush the motor with it trimmed all the way up. Risk water getting into places it does not belong and doing bad things.

cuzzamundi
07-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks heaps for the replies, everyone. I will do what Moonlighter said, and see how that goes. Just wanted to tick her over as it's been a while. All good, there. Thanks again for the advice, and will let you know how it goes.

Cuzza

Dignity
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Mate, do you need some one to have a look at your trim tilt, from your avatar I gather you might be at Currimundi, there is a guy called Ken Lewis who will be able to do it for you and his prices aren't too bad either considering everything he does. PM me if you want his phone number.

cuzzamundi
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Thanks heaps for the help, Dignity. I was there, but not anymore, sadly. Thanks anyway, mate - all good, have someone lined up so should be sorted.

Cuzza