PDA

View Full Version : Barcrusher Customer Service

SHOOTER1
04-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Just thought I would post something positve re customer service from an Aussie manufacturer. Bought a new Barcrusher December 2011 from a local dealer who were closing down. Got a good deal as they wanted to get out of boats and was a bit concerned re back-up but went ahead anyhow. Before buying emailed Barcrusher re opinion on engine set-up got a reply the next day. After awhile had some ideas re seating arrangement changes emailed Barcrusher with some questions got a response the next day with photos and advice on how to do it. 6 months ago the Trim Tab switch failed contacted Barcrusher via email got a prompt reply to send down the old switch and they would talk to the distributer. Got a new switch within the week (I am based in Cairns).
We've all been "Shafted" in the past by shonky goods and poor service and we rightly tell the world just think it's important to communicate positive experiences as well. Has anyone else got some good news stories? I am not associated commercially with Barcrusher in any way and don't even have a Barcrusher Stubbie cooler ;)

daveo17
04-05-2014, 08:43 AM
i had excellent customer service from smartwave boats David hicknot the owner manger of the company came to my house all the way from NZ to inspect my boat and hes coming back to fill it with more foam mid May.

Knotpretty
04-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Shooter we all should give praise where praise is due. And we should be allowed to be critical where it's warranted. KP

SHOOTER1
04-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi Knotpretty That's what I said in my post but i don't see many positive posts. It's good to have some balance.

SummerTrance
04-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Jeez that's bloody poor form of them not to send you a stubbie cooler.

Oh wait this is a positive thread... Carry on

;D

SHOOTER1
04-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi SummerTrance,
I have taken legal advice and have been advised if i accept said "Stubby Cooler" I could be subpeoned to appear before the ICAC.:(

marto78
04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
I had Aquamaster boats repair some damage to my boat caused by the Ttop being incorrectly fitted by the dealer. They pretty much stopped production for most of a day to make the repairs and changes that I needed including 2 new stringers and charged me stuff all for it.

The second really great piece of service I experienced was from Downes Marine when I took the etec in for a service and mentioned to them that I was sick of the motor slowly dropping down when it was tilted up. The dealer I bought it off at Springwood had convinced me that this was normal as I complained about it when I bought the boat but Downes were convinced other wise.

They contacted Evinrude in Sydney for me and somehow managed to get the 4 and a half year trim and tilt motor replaced for me under warranty at a cost of over $2000 just for the motor.

For this I'll be forever grateful and will buy another etec just so I can get it serviced by them.

SHOOTER1
04-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Marto Great service, the dealer went the extra mile. If we all get on board and aknowledge good service maybe more providers will see the benefits instead of ducking for cover. It's a win win for everyone.

SummerTrance
04-05-2014, 10:25 AM
On Easter Monday was launching before dawn but motor wouldn't start. Found that the fitting on my fuel hose (tank end) was stuffed.

Put the boat back on the trailer and thought the day was over before sun was even up. Was taking out a mate for the first time so was pretty dissapointed. Made some calls and was suggested I try SCARBOROUGH MARINA CHANDLERY.

made a call and to my surprise they were open and had the part required. Went over there and received great service. Old mate checked all the fittings on my tanks and replaced the hose fitting for me, which required getting out the heat gun ect. I just stood and watched as he did it all for me. Saved the day and got us back on the water.

I know where I'll be going next time I need something for the boat.

matty o
11-05-2014, 05:51 AM
I've owned my barcrusher for just over a year, and put almost 400 hours on it,

A few weeks back, fishing some pretty crap weather I bent the back bench seat, a combination of where old mate was sitting and the way we came over a wave.

Got in contact with barcrusher, new seat fabricated and sent out within the week! Should arrive early next week.

I've had a bit to do with them while I've been setting the boat up how I want it, they have always been great, reply quick and never stuff me around.