PDA

View Full Version : Here comes winter....

wayno60
03-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Looking forwards to freezing cold nights catching 40cm+ bream in the broady..

having said that id really prefer those hot humid nights going after jacks...but this is what do do..

Noelm
03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Damn cold here at the moment, had to drag the heater out of the garage, down to 5 degrees, might go for a swim, the Ocean is 23 at the moment......

Louis
03-05-2014, 09:21 PM
In all honesty, to hell with the Bream.

I hate the cold these days.

I don't know how people in Canada and the alike get on with temperatures regularly going below negative 40 degrees celcius.

Louis

4x4frog
03-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Hahaha, Ipswich will be cooler tonight than it will be at the Spit/Broadwater, lol. Heading down for a fish tomorrow morning for the low tide.

4x4frog
03-05-2014, 11:16 PM
In all honesty, to hell with the Bream. I hate the cold these days.I don't know how people in Canada and the alike get on with temperatures regularly going below negative 40 degrees celcius. LouisI know.Good friends pf mine have friends who moved to the north of Canada. It gets so cold there they leave their cars running when they go into the shops. My mates wife got yelled at and told to go turn the car back on when they went shopping last year while they were there, crazy cold. Not for this little black duck

wayno60
04-05-2014, 01:31 AM
yer Gold Coast cold is enough for me thanks....why in gods name would you want to live somewhere, where it gets to -40....they do know they have a choice??
LIke the people that think Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas is nice, yes it might be, but do you know its in the middle of Tornado Alley and people still keep on building new homes there..

Chimo
04-05-2014, 06:23 AM
But Louis at least in Canada in the winter the midges and super sized mosquitos leave you alone rather than draining the life blood from you.

Then theres the west nile virus that will either make you sick for a long time or maybe kill you which is worth avoiding and its spread by the biting insects too. Easier to crawl into a skidoo suit and get warm I found.

Cheers
Chimo

astro66
04-05-2014, 06:27 AM
yep cold last night...went out Friday night and wore tshirt and boardies all night....last night I stayed in bed lol ....bring on the jew and tailor I say :P

Alchemy
04-05-2014, 09:05 PM
18 in Townsville right now. Fricken cold alright! Bring back summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sandbankmagnet
04-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Gee there's some softies around. It got down to 9 in Brissy. That's nothing!

Jsmfun
04-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm sure it's 0 at my house the wife thinks we are all of our tree fishing in what she calls (dumb mans weather) I replied you married me who's dumb now

lbger
05-05-2014, 11:03 AM
cold equals snapper and jewies.. winter still sux big time only 7 months to go now :)

Noelm
05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
well.... not only was it damn cold here over the weekend, but we had westerly gales to contend with too, all good now though, wind gone, temperature soared all the way up to about 15 degrees now!

scottar
05-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Had the fire going the last two nights. The dog doesn't get real co-operative when it's time to go out. Can't blame him.

Chimo
05-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Scottar

Get the poor dog a descent kennel instead of making it sleep on cement you cruel thing!!!

scottar
05-05-2014, 04:31 PM
He's got one half the size of a small country not to mention a daybed as well. He still prefers to sleep on the concrete or under the trampoline half the time. Even in the rain. I'm sure someone told me that shepherd's are suposed to be smart. I dunno???

By the way Chimo, I have been admiring your hard top and thinking about one for the Victory. Is that your handiwork or someone elses?

Regards

Scott

Chimo
05-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Maybe you have to teach dogs too? Hard top is a mix of inputs, the shipwright I used did work on the basic frp I got as a hand me down from a fellow AF member. The modified stainless was done by the guys who used to work for Seafarer and are still around. There is a mould that can be borrowed and as far as I know its at Finga's place at present.

The text below is via pad OK to read but useless to write on!

C C

S one else e's

scottar
05-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Cheers Chimo. If it gets the go ahead down the track I might get in contact about having a quick look if that's ok.

Regards

Scott

Chimo
05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

scottar
06-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Winter is definately on it's way. See, it's started to snow at our house. This is what happens when you give puppy a nice new warm cushion for winter.:wut:

Chimo
07-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Might need to get her a a mate to play with or maybe a ladder to get up on the tramp or perhaps a washing line to work on!

scottar
07-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Pretty sure he has A.D.D.. He tried the washing caper real early in the piece but thankfully stopped when mother voiced her displeasure. Just a typical pup/child - If I'm allowed it, I don't want it. If I'm not allowed it or better still it's dangerous - oh goody, gime. Chewed up a garden statue one night.

I was adjusting the boat trailer a while back and thought I was going crazy. I put my shifter down for 2 seconds and it was gone type stuff. Only got to put up with for another 3 years or so apparently. He is getting better but it seems to be oh so slowly.

bugsytwoshoes
07-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Bloody dogs. I went through a stage of making home brew a few years ago, I had my beer vat inside a big heated wooden box with a large clear sheet of perspex placed over the top, this was all sitting on the floor of the garage next to my work bench which was next to the window.We had a lively little Jack Russell terrior at the time and she would jump up onto the top of the beer box then up onto the work bench so she could look out the window in the garage. The day for bottling arrived and I removed the clear perspex to get to the vat, went inside the house to get something when I heard CRASH gurgle, gurgle, two back legs protruding out of the vat. Needless to say I bottled the brew and put a V on the lids v for visitors beer.

the gecko
08-05-2014, 09:23 PM
I've been away for a few years but now I'm back and keen to tackle the Jewies wayno. A little cold never hurt anyone. Keeps the crowds off the water too.

wayno60
08-05-2014, 09:48 PM
After last years teasing with a number of just under the metre mark jews ill be out there giving it a good shake this winter...

Funchy
09-05-2014, 05:29 AM
After last years teasing with a number of just under the metre mark jews ill be out there giving it a good shake this winter...

I'll have to come down for a session with you mate...