PDA

View Full Version : Applause for Suncorp

blairv70
02-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Thought I would give some credit where it is due.

After hitting some big waves over Easter at the Seaway and losing a fair bit of gear I put a claim in with Suncorp under my house and contents with personal effects cover.

Glad to report today they have approved the claim and direct credited the funds to me.

So off for a good shop this weekend :-)

Meterplus
02-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Huh no sh*t, good to hear, well done :o

SCREAMER
03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I always like to try cheap lines of many things to determine whether they are good value for the money or not. Insurance isn't on of those things. Good insurance is always good insurance, cheap insurance is good till you make a claim. Suncorp has plenty of runs on the board as a good insurer, happy to hear they came through for you.

Dignity
06-05-2014, 07:31 PM
I have had to make a claim on Suncorp and it was easy and great service, so great to deal with as usually I avoid the insurers like the plague.

gr hilly
07-05-2014, 06:21 AM
I AM SO HAPPY FOR ALL YOU GUYS BUT I WILL BRIEFLY burst your bubble i am one of the blokes that the mob your on about did not do the right thing my claim was for a small $60 000 and i spent $150 000 on legals trying to win but after waiting for yrs and spending weeks in the witness box i won only to find on the sixth week they appealed and 2 yrs later a new judge who stated she was affiliated with the company made me wait 8 mths to hand down her decision against me my barrister asked for $40 more grand for the high court and i told him to get stuffed i had my insurance pols with them for 22 yrs i have since saved $52000 by having no insurance i once thought they were the best,I WAS WRONG
HILLY

DAVE_S
07-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Glad someone is happy with them , just went to renew my car insurance noticed on the policy that they had my car garaged 10 doors up the road . Told them the car is garaged at the same address as where this bill gets posted and why was it changed i get der , can you change it no problems and now that will be another $300 . So after 20 years of being a loyal customer they where told where they could stick there insurance , went to another insurer better policy and cheaper by $100 than original . So as all my policies come for renewal they have lost me .

snapperbasher
07-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I have made a few claims with Suncorp over the years and can’tfault them at all..... Just be careful shopping around for “cheap insurance” asalready stated.

Just because they are cheaper doesn’t mean they are bettervalue.

SatNav
07-05-2014, 07:38 PM
1. Mr Blairv70 maybe you should be the one sharing most of the blame for your own loss?

2. There appears to be a quite bad habit of lately trying to applaud and give praise to those that in an overall sense really don't deserve any?

3. Typically the majority of these posts need to be ignored due to the unknown alliance of the OP with the said company.

snapperbasher
07-05-2014, 08:07 PM
1. Why should he take the blame? We don't know the circumstances and I think anyone that has crossed coastal bars would have at one time or another hit some big waves.... Insurance is there to cover you for accidents...which appears to be the case?
2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.... It's good to see some praise for someone rather than the usual whinging and bitching about bad service.
3. Your post is the only one which should be ignored.

DAVE_S
07-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Just because they are cheaper doesn’t mean they are bettervalue.

Very true , thats why it always pays to read the fine print and i spoke to a mate in the panel beating game and he stated they are very good when it comes to a claim .

blairv70
08-05-2014, 08:54 AM
1. Mr Blairv70 maybe you should be the one sharing most of the blame for your own loss?

This would be the equibalent of saying if you skidded on black ice in your car and hit a tree it is your fault. Accidents are just that - things that happen that you can't control.

2. There appears to be a quite bad habit of lately trying to applaud and give praise to those that in an overall sense really don't deserve any?

I would say the opposite - there is enough people bagging things - cna't see any harm in giving credit where it is due

3. Typically the majority of these posts need to be ignored due to the unknown alliance of the OP with the said company.

The only alliance I have to Suncorp is that I am a customer

ben_460
14-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Recently I made a claim with them and it was a drama

An old bloke drove into our car door in a car park, must have stomped the throttle and not the brake while reversing . we paid excess to get repairs done faster, we're told suncorp would reimburse us as clearly not our fault. after heaps of follow up calls and being transference around weeks later they tell us case was closed and we're at fault...

Lucky the old bloke was decent and paid us the excess amount so we weren't out of pocket.

davo
14-05-2014, 08:46 PM
My Suncorp experience can only be described as hell for 4 months. After I claimed for damage to house caused by tenants the fun started. Every time I called the gold posts would change. Finally the assessment. I could not believe it . They ignored most of the damage and then at the 11th hour said the house was rentable in it's present state so no loss of rent compensation. We are talking November last year to about three weeks ago. I took out disputes against them and fought them every inch of the way into anyone assessment. Finally I go somewhere. I had case managers tell me I had not told them about some damage and when I quoted my opening letter they simply replied that they only missed one line on the page so that was OK. This is the Reader's Digest version of it. The house is sorted finally. I am not only getting rid of their insurance but my loans are with them and they are going too. Also I am selling my Suncorp shares. They were simply trying to starve me into a lesser claim in my opinion.