PDA

View Full Version : Ramp fish cleaning tables

Haji-Baba
29-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Once again the morons have emerged at the Bongaree Ramp.

After filleting a few decent reef fish they threw the frames right next to the ramp.

With the traffic this ramp generates the water can be quite murky and having to dodge offal, which you can't see is a little disarming.

Thanks guys.

My offer still stands, I have a bucket of galvanised nails and a hammer if you need them, so you can nail the frames on to the transom of your boat and more people will get see the results of your fishing prowess.

It is not a joke, I personally have had a poisoned leg for well over a month and can't abide such selfish stupid behaviour.

There is a bin 20 feet from the table, use it.

Have fun Haji-Baba

split-shot
30-04-2014, 08:07 AM
I have noticed that this occurs, every now and then, at the Clontarf boat ramp. The same applies, there are recepticles for them to place their frames into.

sharkymark2
30-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Same at Viki Point. Just the Brothers wanting to Testify. Not something to be proud of.

SunnyCoastMark
30-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I actually thought this was common practice and I confess, that I chuck the frames in the water. Generally the pelicans wolf them down, any that make it to the bottom are gone on the next tide as the fish and crabs finish them off. I clean at Mooloolaba (Pt Cartwright side, ramp), where the tables are 10 metres from the ramp. Also at Tewantin Noosa, - same story. Seems to be common practice. Water is pretty clear at both those locations though. Often the local grommets pinch them for crab pots as well.

snakecatcher
30-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Lots of people, myself included have chucked frames in the water at the Mooloolaba boat ramp. I do however break the frames into pelican size mouthfuls so they don't hang around long. There is also a monster stingray (at least 6 feet across) which hangs around the ramp - he comes in regularly and will swallow a whole mackerel frame in one gulp, an impressive sight.

ifishcq1
30-04-2014, 06:40 PM
We suffer from bullsharks and crocs so anyone up here who has the lack of mental capacity to even contemplate leaving frames or offal near a ramp should be put down or steralised because the human race can't afford wankers like that contributing to the gene pool
and seriously that should apply to all areas with a shark or croc population
why berley up where people swim or stand in the water?