PDA

View Full Version : in need of new trailer prise.

bobbyb
28-04-2014, 07:36 PM
hi all, chasing a new tandem trailer for my 5.6 plate boat. any dealers want to quote me a fair prise?

or any one got a near new one they want to get rid of. pm me if you like......cheers.

Noelm
29-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Not too sure you will get many dealers that will see this and give you a price, but you never know, far better to ring them and ask for a price. There is lots of "cheap" trailers around these days, so don't shop on price alone... make sure you know what your buying.

bobbyb
29-04-2014, 07:33 PM
thanks nolem. bit annoying to buy a brand name trailer you have to go through a boat shop and pay a mark up for nothing.

old mate on gum tree has a Mackay trailer for 5k in Hervey bay but comes from Melbourn when its built in Mackay........

between transport and mark ups its a joke. proberly about 3k at the factory door.

stang69
29-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Mackay trailers are actually made in Melbourne. Probably the best trailers in the country along with Easytow (for fibreglass hulls). Pity up here in QLD the trailers are all junk.
Here's an idea, you can build them yourself and sell them factory direct with free delivery around Australia. Or you can remember that you always get what you pay for.

bobbyb
30-04-2014, 08:15 AM
not worried about transport cost so much as any thing of quality has all ways got a middle man you have to pay for nothing...

I got a good idea to...but ill keep that under my hat.

hainsofast
30-04-2014, 08:16 AM
what is a trailer prise?

Noelm
30-04-2014, 08:23 AM
I am not so sure about having to pay (say) a boat shop for "nothing" if people could just go to the factory and buy direct, no dealers would be their agents, and the everyday shoppers would need to go to (say) Yamaha importers to buy their motor then off to the boat builders factory to order a boat you cant see! then a trailer, then home to put the package together and so it goes, you pay the "middle man" to have goods in stock to look at and fix problems if you get something faulty and stuff like that, if you don't like paying a middle man, get a price on a one off custom trailer from an engineering workshop.

4x4frog
30-04-2014, 12:04 PM
what is a trailer prise?;D Hahahahahaha Nuff said ;)

Seahorse
30-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Ring Mongrel trailers at caboolture ask for Col. Very good mate of mine.

robfish 1
30-04-2014, 06:12 PM
what is a trailer prise?

Not sure, but I think that's the tool that the dealer, (the middleman), uses to 'prise' the trailer money out of bobbyb!

bobbyb
30-04-2014, 06:40 PM
yea, your rite of course noel, just getting frustrated at the prises of trailers and what you get for your money.. RHS.. SHS.. rubbish. but I just found some thing I will be having a good look at. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathpine/trailers/aluminium-boat-trailer-tandem-axle-2000kg/1045299529 ....... cheers.

bobbyb
30-04-2014, 06:44 PM
sh*t I realy gota get this spell check working. lol on me..

platey
05-05-2014, 08:16 PM
hi all, chasing a new tandem trailer for my 5.6 plate boat. any dealers want to quote me a fair prise? or any one got a near new one they want to get rid of. pm me if you like......cheers. Hey mate Have an oceanic 2 yrs old never seen salt water yet 0417212694 ask for Ralf. Actually suits a 5.8 mtr boat.

Dignity
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM
I am in the same boat where I have to talk to the manufacturer to work out exactly what I can get but deal with a dealer, however the dealer will have it delivered and registered and I just have to pick it up, saves me having to drive to the factory arrange temp plates to drive it home then arrange to have it registered. Worth the extra I think. I priced replacing most of the hardware items on mine as it needs a big refit and it turns out to be about 75% of the cost of a new trailer, no brainer really but what do I do with the old trailer.

oldie
06-05-2014, 07:58 PM
wouldn't dream! of putting a plate alloy boat on that trailer mate not suited

yea, your rite of course noel, just getting frustrated at the prises of trailers and what you get for your money.. RHS.. SHS.. rubbish. but I just found some thing I will be having a good look at. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathpine/trailers/aluminium-boat-trailer-tandem-axle-2000kg/1045299529 ....... cheers.