PDA

View Full Version : Mobile mechanics

ShaneC
28-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I did do a search on here and on google before posting this and I am well aware this has been asked before, but of those I have rung, nobody has returned my call as yet, but I did only start ringing today.

I am after a mobile mechanic to do the timing belts in my F150 Yamahas. I have gotten a couple of quotes which are pretty close to what I expected to pay so have a fair idea of what I am in for. I would just prefer to get it done at home without leaving the boat at a dealer all day.

I am ready to go, undertaking a maintenance period afetr a couple of months of hard fishing, but want to boat back ready to roll by end of next week.

So if anyone knows of someone good, reasonable and competent I would be happy to hear suggestions, or if you are good for the job, send me a PM.

Located in Redcliffe.

Cheers,

Shane

fez
28-04-2014, 09:03 PM
PM with recommendation sent mate

fez

lethal098
29-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Aqua Mobile Marine, Jim be the best bet, Captain Rednut on here,
But normally mobile he is booked out a couple weeks in advance, but u might be able to take it to him quicker than that,

JulianDeMarchi
30-04-2014, 11:42 AM
I highly recommend GD Marine Shance. Ask Lance, he'll back my statement up. I recently had a bunch of work done to my donk by him and the service was absoultely great. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Spaniard_King
30-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Shane, I will call you back in the next few days.

captain rednut
01-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Hi Shane
I spoke to you today and yeah we are fully booked for 4-6 weeks unfortunately, sorry mate i hope you can find someone sooner.
regards Jim

ShaneC
03-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the yarn yesterday Jim. The fact that your booked out for the foreseeable future is testament to your work. I pulled the flywheel covers off yesterday and had a close look at the belts and to be honest I'm not that concerned. Popey put the wind up me saying they snap, and although Google is hardly a qualified mechanic I can't find any evidence of it. My motors have been faultless for four years and 1500 hrs with good servicing and the belts still look new. I'll still get them done soonish but I ain't going to miss good weather out of concern for them. We will have a yarn on the reality of my theory when I hear from you Garry.