PDA

View Full Version : What USA brand of boats too look at??

frontflip90
22-04-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm looking at importing a boat once I sell my trailcraft, I'm looking for a glass boat from 21-23ft 4stroke single outboard purely for fishing off sure/outwide around the $30000 mark. I've been looking at brands like sea swirl, well craft, trophy. Just wondering what other people knowledge of some good brands they own or know of.

chocolatemoose
22-04-2014, 10:29 AM
wellcraft, seafox, gradywhite. boston whailer
though 30 grand will get you an ok 2nd-her are you able to fly over and look at some yards?

frontflip90
22-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm just going to go through a broker and get the inspections and all that done

myusernam
22-04-2014, 12:19 PM
i'd be looking for a rig thats legal width. oversize towing and insurance implicatione. a lot of big imports on the market at the moment, perhaps people have purchased and realised the issues

kiwimex
22-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I can recommend SEAHUNT boats, I purchased new from the USA, had included in my package a Australian spec alloy trailer, just had to have it measured and a road worthy completed here in Brisbane and everything else was fine, no big dramas at all.

The same people I purchased from, completed all the packing and shipping of the boat along with all documentation for the exportation. They also provided me with an agent here in Australia to complete the importation at this end, the whole process was hassle free and cost effective. PM me if you would like any further details.

Cheers
Steve

tropicrows
22-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Same exactly the story as kiwimex, except mine was a New 176BR Key West. I used an agent out of Charston. PM me if you want his details.

sent using TapTalk

Noelm
24-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Just do your home work and make 100 percent sure of the beam, do not believe what the seller tells you, lots of US boats around that size have a 10' (3m) beam, and towing becomes a nightmare

Birdy
24-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Mate of mine recently imported a 7m Cape Horn with a F200 on the back .I went for a run in it recently , great offshore boat that handled 15 knot SE with no drama but the real eye opener for me was (he is a user here so I wont name) the bung was left out .
I reckon it had 1500 liters of water in the hull plus 500l of fuel, us and bits and pieces and we didn't really notice until motoring off the first drift as it struggled to plane.
Positive floatation at its best, even full of water and gear it was safe .

Birdy