PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a rant!

kingcray
19-04-2014, 10:19 AM
A mate and I fished the area outside the Woody Point green zone last night between 1pm and 7pm. Over that time we sat and watched at least 10 jet skis and 4 or 5 boats travel full noise through the middle of the green zone narrowly missing one of the exposed reefs.
On our way back to the ramp approx. 7pm, 2 boats anchored fishing well inside the zone. So far inside that they were closer to the shore than the outer edge of the zone. That shits me enough but the worst part of it all, at least 3 boats on the southern edge , outside the yellow buoys with NO LIGHTS AT ALL. I almost hit one boat side on, anchored next to the western yellow buoy. I was about 20 metres from smacking straight into him when I noticed a faint torch light coming from the inside of his boat. If it wasn't for that there would have been a really bad accident. If you are reading this, then you know who I am as I abused the @$&* out of you!! as I was slowing driving off, I noticed he turned his nav lights on... but no allround light, so still illegal to my understanding if anchored.
I know its holidays time but FFS its hard enough dodging the crab pots and everything else floating around out there than having to look out for these brainless d!ckheads !!! >:(
end of rant!!!!

kind_cir
19-04-2014, 10:31 AM
You should of been wearing your night vision goggles. nuf said, end of story.

bowds13
19-04-2014, 11:28 AM
It's your responsibility to know where other boats are day or night so I'm told by bloke in tinnie with no lights on in the middle of the night who I nearly sunk. The he told me to learn how to drive a boat. I took a real hard look at my self that day haha.

SCREAMER
19-04-2014, 12:49 PM
I can feel your pain. ..... rules only apply to others, I can't be held responsible, not in my backyard, even if I am wrong you have no right to tell me so........
Unfortunately it's the way of the world ::) Never a rocket launcher handy when you need one ;D

wayno60
19-04-2014, 12:52 PM
hahahahaha cracked me up.... No lights on sounds like the Broadwater every Fri and sat night...

kingcray
19-04-2014, 01:13 PM
wayno .. These guys are sitting out in open water where there are no nearby lights whatsoever , making them impossible to see.
don't get me started on the Nerang. Its the worst I have ever seen for boats without lights

wayno60
19-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes and there too...Id love for the water police to come aboard with me on a Sat night, we'd catch heaps....Is there any reason water police cant go undercover???

marto78
19-04-2014, 06:18 PM
You should have tilted your motor up a bit and given the wankers a good soaking as you took off at full throttle.

manta man
20-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Well Kingcray i think your being to polite anyway, you have every right to give em a spray. Sounds like you and the others were very fortunate nothing of serious consequence became of it (Accident). You know things like a anchor light are just a simple thing in Boating, people just don't think until after something happens then the S--t hits the fan.

Still_Dreamin
20-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Back in 98 a tinnie without lights got broadsided near TSS in the nerang by a large boat heading for offshore trip.1 dead, 1 badly injured and many lives screwed because they didn't have lights on.

kind_cir
20-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Was out last night and the sounder died then the anchor light dimmed. Lucky the nav lights are LED unlike the anchor light and I hightailed it home. Dropped a cell on the battery ..... lucky it's a 30 and got pull start. Going to get a new battery and swap the anchor light to LED.

Luc
21-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Maybe its time we all wrote to the water police complaining about the lack of lights on boats at night.

Whatever it cost in wages & fuel, I'm sure a few blitzes would generate plenty of fines.

B U Z Z I N
21-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I was down there this morning for a ride and seen 3 boats fishing inside green zone

Seen a guy get booked inside green zone on sat morning at nugdee beach so they are out
only time before they get caught ...

kingcray
21-04-2014, 01:00 PM
buzzin, I fished there again this morning. 3 boats fishing inside zone again, well inside. 1 anchored 2 drifting. That was at 11am when we came back to a very busy ramp! Why aren't they out there patrolling on days like today

wayno60
21-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Public holiday!, but like said b4 one good day out in the water for them and they would have the wages covered in no time.........

petelaska
21-04-2014, 06:30 PM
10am this morning they were sitting in scarborough harbour near the new ramp, maybe less paperwork there

glassey90
21-04-2014, 07:10 PM
can someone please direct me to the best place to check out "green zones" on the net. thanks

Gimme5
21-04-2014, 07:39 PM
http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/moreton-bay/zoning/pdf/marine-park-user-guide.pdf

can someone please direct me to the best place to check out "green zones" on the net. thanks

ThePinkPanther
22-04-2014, 10:57 AM
The cause of all this is of course a total lack of policing by Water Police and Boating and Fisheries!

They have no money allocated to them to do regular patrols in the hotspots where we all know the clowns of the recreational boating world congregate e.g. Jumping Pin, The Power Lines, Compass Adjustment Buoy, Wellington Point, Raby Bay, Horseshoe Bay on Peel Island and on and on and on.....................

The Water Police at Redland Bay spend a high percentage of their time seconded to the Land Police who are in turn short of staff so it is a Catch 22 situation ...........!

The last time I made a complaint to the B & F guys at Cleveland that something should be done about the well known Yellow Raincoats butchering the prawns en masse near the Power Lines, I was promptly advised that NO patrol vessels were regularly situated in the southern part of the Bay nor could they comply with my request that they should be sent down there to inspect the totally illegal quantities these guys net every year!

I'm not all that fussed about being inspected by B & F but I would welcome seeing many more patrols out there on the water doing their job in lieu of sitting at the Raby Bay ramp, nice and comfy in their 4WD and knocking off Dad and Mum and the Kids for having a couple of undersize fish in the esky!