PDA

View Full Version : A trailer question

chris69
15-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Ok got a skid trailer and im going to see it up for a glass boat with a roller set up will i need to get the build plate on the trailer changed with the tare weight? its unregistered and ive got to get a safty certificate as the gross is 1100kg and was wondering if i need to get it reweighed and a new plate before i get the safty certificate done to get it registered any ideas,or just change it to rollers and not worry about it.

tunaticer
16-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Look up the transport departments's regs on axle / capacity limits and braking requirements, then work out your BMT weight and go from there.
Getting the VIN plate changed or replaced is not a large issue as long as you follow the guidelines.

Moonlighter
16-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Also, why not leave it as a skid trailer? Nearly every American glass boat you see sits on a skid trailer and they work fine.

chris69
16-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Moonlighter my other boat has a skid set up and its a pain with a bit of breeze blowing side on and by your self, im hopeing the roller set up will help with that haveing a multi roller set up at the back of the trailer.