PDA

View Full Version : 115 efi mercury bogging

feral cat
13-04-2014, 06:45 AM
I've got a pair 2002 115 mercury four strokes with the yamaha powerheads and one motor seems to be bogging down but only intermittently.
I can reach full revs and runs at cruise speed well but sometimes when i give more throttle one motor labours and revs slowly drops back while the other motor goes good. I then stop and turn key off for about 10 secs then start and away i go as if nothing ever happened. I've read about the vst tank so is it possible when running motor the high pressure fuel pump picks up shit around filter and by turning key off it stops pump hence shit drops off filter again. Or its electrical maybe.
Has anyone had simular dramas and what was the cause. I will be pulling vst tank off to clean next week when i find some time.

cheers justin

Spaniard_King
13-04-2014, 08:31 AM
make sure your oil level isn't going up from an injector over fueling

feral cat
13-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Ive looked out for that but its not the case.Ive done a couple runs now and dropped oil a couple times and let it settle in containers.No sign of any contaminates.Seems strange that i turn motor off then start again and away it goes at full power for a while.

feral cat
21-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Have just pulled VST tank apart and was pretty clean.
No contaminates.
Injectors cleaned will be my next step.
Surely someone has had simular dramas with either f115 or merc 115.

captain rednut
21-04-2014, 07:09 PM
High pressure fuel filter is the next thing i would replace