PDA

View Full Version : Billies Bay

wrip109
12-04-2014, 08:42 AM
I see they have put a new gate at the entrance to Billies Bay. I have a degree in IT but, along with mobile phones, the new lock has me stuffed.

At 70 years old my body won't bend easily to the angle required to open or close the new locking system.

My "hate it" for the week...

Louis
12-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Advise your local member Wrip109.

It is the only way to get things done.

Let us know how you got on.

All the best.

Louis

wrip109
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Nah! It is not THAT important - I am just venting a bit

Mike Delisser
12-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Seriously though if you have a physical problem using any piece of Government owned equipment that you are entitled or paid to use, contact the Department that manages it and tell them about the difficulties you're having. Nine times out of ten they will make reasonable changes for you. If you don't get a satisfactory outcome contact the Minister or Councilor responsible, they normally respond well to these sort of requests.
PS. The wheels of bureaucracy do turn slowly though.

wrip109
13-04-2014, 06:40 PM
The gate and the locking system are brand new. It was only put in a few days ago. It is not government owned. I think the Brisbane Valley Yacht club would have arranged it.

It is the club that leases the land and charges for access to it.

Looks like the have had a problem with people using bolt cutters to get through the gate but I don't think that will be a problem in the future. I have a key and it is still a drama to get the lock open

tunaticer
13-04-2014, 08:06 PM
The lock system certainly does not have to be that hard to use.....there is a multitude of locks available that are either bolt cutter proof without the need for rediculously hard to use security aprons to keep the cutters out.

Raise the issue with the people who ordered the new gate and lock system installed.

wrip109
18-04-2014, 09:20 AM
I see somebody hated it more than I do and they smashed the box containing the sign-in register.

Hope it was not a fisherman...

Mike Delisser
18-04-2014, 01:46 PM
That's the sort of crap that gets areas closed off to us.

Triple
18-04-2014, 06:47 PM
It already is closed off to general public. Thats probably the reason people keep trying to get in there, it was land that used to be open to the public and is now leased to the brisbane valley sailing club and you must be a member to get access.

chris69
18-04-2014, 08:21 PM
It was probably put in for easter to stop campers

wrip109
20-04-2014, 10:51 AM
It was put in because, once again, somebody used bolt cutters on the old lock