PDA

View Full Version : Trailer setup help

keen_angler
07-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Was washing down the boat and trailer after a day on the water and then noticed that the boat was sitting up high on the rollers.

What a peoples thoughts should it be adjusted.

Pics attached

shaungonemad
07-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Looks like you have a bit of adjustment to do.

Chimo
07-04-2014, 07:52 AM
K A

What boat on what breed of trailer. Where are you located?

Seems like there is a real mixture of supporting concepts at work on whatever breed of trailer it is.

Looks very sad from what your pic show.

Where to start?

Cheers
Chimo

keen_angler
07-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks Gents,

The trailer is a 2011 Dunbier single axle (braked), holding a 2011 Tournament 1800.

I am located on the southside of brisbane at Runcorn.

Cheers.

Saltboy
07-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Im no expert but I'm pretty sure all the weight should be on the keel and the wobble rollers assist in keeping square only. They are not meant to take weight????

dave

IcyDuck
07-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I'd say the horizontal skids are only there to assist with driving the boat onto the trailer - ie. centering it onto the keel rollers if you are slightly off. They are not meant to take any weight while the boat is on the trailer and they don't appear to be doing so looking at your photos. As Saltboy suggested, the keel rollers should be taking most of the weight with the wobble rollers just holding it in position.

It doesn't look too bad to me from those photos. How easily does the boat come off and back onto the trailer?

Regards,
Phil

Jsmfun
07-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Did you buy from (AMC) as I did just checked mine 2100 walkaround
it's on a Dunbier multi roller it sits exactly the same so either Amc or haines signature don't know how to fit the trailers properly
can sombody please post some photos of how it should be tanks

keen_angler
08-04-2014, 12:36 PM
It doesn't look too bad to me from those photos. How easily does the boat come off and back onto the trailer?

It comes off very easy, just rolls off the trailer and same thing getting back on, no really difficulty

keen_angler
08-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Did you buy from (AMC) as I did just checked mine 2100 walkaround
it's on a Dunbier multi roller it sits exactly the same so either Amc or haines signature don't know how to fit the trailers properly
can sombody please post some photos of how it should be tanks

Yes this was originally from AMC.

I to would be interested in phots of how they should be setup if anyone is willing to share.

Alternatively, does anyone have any recommendations of who could do this for me?

IcyDuck
08-04-2014, 06:09 PM
It comes off very easy, just rolls off the trailer and same thing getting back on, no really difficulty

I really don't think you have much of a problem there then. When you say "the boat was sitting up high on the rollers" I am assuming you are referring to the rollers sitting up higher than those horizontal skids. From my experience that would be by design for the reason that I mentioned earlier.

Boat manufacturers can recommend a different setup to suit the design and construction of their hull. It is a Dunbier trailer but it looks to have been customised to suite the Tournament. The use of keel rollers in the ladder up the middle would suggest to me that it is designed to take weight on the keel. You could check with Haines or Dunbier to be sure.

There was a post quite some time back of a extremely well setup Dunbier trailer for a Tournament. It may have been by Johhcar if I recall. I think it might have been for a 2100 but it was setup similar to yours.

The only small item that I noticed from your photos was that it is using blue polly keel rollers. Typically the harder blue ones are used for alloy boats with the softer red used on glass.

Regards,
Phil

Spaniard_King
08-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Yes this was originally from AMC.

I to would be interested in phots of how they should be setup if anyone is willing to share.

Alternatively, does anyone have any recommendations of who could do this for me?

KA, your trailer is fine, there is hardly anything worth adjusting!!!

Go fishing it looks a fine rig.

stevej
08-04-2014, 06:19 PM
how many rollers does it have ?

my 5m cruise craft on a dunbier has 24 rollers all up no skids of any description

keen_angler
10-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Thanks guys