PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle show...

Fish Face
06-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Any one go ? What ya think ? I thought it was pretty much the same old thing really. Love the 4x4 stuff though, Met the all4adventure guys, had a good laugh with them. They're good value, (mad) And Bonito had a tiller there on display. Looked really good and had plenty of lookers... Get mine next week ! Can't wait...

MattM84
06-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I though it was good, gave me a good opertunity to crawl over some boats i can't easily get to look at living in NQ. I found a lot of the same stuff was available at 2 or 3 different stands and no real discounts though, although thats not why i went. Was a great opertunity to compare several makes that i have been interested in all in the one location.

goat boy
06-04-2014, 07:05 PM
I liked it but I went for a purpose and made a day out of it. In the end I arrived there at 9am Sat morning and left at 3pm, bought some fruit for the Triton and, oh yeh, bought a boat as well. Now I just gotta wait for it to be built.......
It was good to have all those providers in one area so I could talk turkey with them about what I wanted and the $$. Good fun, except the waiting now....curses.

Fillet`n`Release
07-04-2014, 06:19 AM
I enjoyed the show this year. Got the few odds and sods worth picking up that I needed (cause honestly there is a lot of junk tackle there but that's fine). Bit of eyecandy in the 4x4 section too :)

propdinger
07-04-2014, 08:36 AM
my Dad and I went with a purpose and it has saved him around $2500 just by going which is better in his pockets than anyone's lol. So for us it was worth the $12 parking (i got free tickets in a facebook comp thanks to BnB ). the 4X4 side was good and lots of goodies to look at but wasn't looking for anything on that side of the show so just browsed. got to check out another of the boats he is getting built and agreed we made the right choice.

Almako
07-04-2014, 07:47 PM
$2500 what did he buy

propdinger
08-04-2014, 08:36 AM
too bloody much haha we got a winch, outboard, done a deal on simrad sounder evo2 and all the electronics that go into a boat including switches lights etc which will be around $2100 savings (i just double checked )

Almako
08-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Gotta love buying that gear

fishychrissy
12-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Was good to see all those boats in the flesh, and not just a picture in a magazine.
Was lucky enough to have the missus tell me to get the tinny I was frothing over.
Fully optioned and with a 60HP 4 stroke Yamaha it was 2 grand cheaper than a competitor's package with a 50HP 4 stroke Tohatsu advertised in this month's QFM. Well worth the trip. Tackle side was pretty lame though like a kind of car boot sale by the looks of it.
Came away with an ARB fridge freezer for the ute too...I have a nice wife lol.
Now I just have another 4-6 weeks of hell waiting for the new rig to be built!
Cheers

Bustedoff
14-04-2014, 04:55 PM
10 bucks for a cup of soggy chips and a bottle of coke was all I bought...;D

Shelby35
14-04-2014, 07:14 PM
We went on Saturday found it was good was disappointed that some of the boats that I was hoping to look at weren't there. We were looking at getting a side console this year but have to have hip replacement now. So that will have to wait. Was looking at the Formosa side console the sale guy came and asked if we were going to buy while at the show told him that we were but things have changed then he turned around and walked away pity as a Formosa was on my shortlist but I guess it won't be from AMC now. The fourby stuff was good to look at pick up a awning from powerful 4x4. All over a good trip down for Gracemere.