PDA

View Full Version : more trailer questions

Sheik
05-04-2014, 08:39 PM
hey
I've read some of the old posts on here about boat trailers and roadworthies and it seems you have to have a roadworthy done if you are buying a boat with a combined weight over that 750kg mark. I think the trailer label has 1040 kg on it (it's a 5m stessl cc with a welded floor and a solid steel trailer with a 60 suzi. Would that 1040 be the tare?). The trailer is oldish but solid but has no brakes as old mate took them off. Is it his job as seller to get the roadworthy, my job as the buyer or is it something that has to be worked out between buyer and seller. I assume I just refuse to buy it unless it has a roadworthy? Any advice?

Moonlighter
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
He cannot legally sell a registered trailer, or even advertise it for sale, without it having a current safety certificate.

So if its registered it is HIS responsibility to get it to a standard that passes the RWC (safety certificate).

NArmstrong
06-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Trailers with a 750 tare need no road worthy. Trailers over 750 seller needs to obtain a road worthy and needs brakes of some kind I believe

Sheik
06-04-2014, 06:38 AM
He cannot legally sell a registered trailer, or even advertise it for sale, without it having a current safety certificate.

So if its registered it is HIS responsibility to get it to a standard that passes the RWC (safety certificate).

Ok, that clears a few things up mate, thanks for that.

Sheik
06-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Trailers with a 750 tare need no road worthy. Trailers over 750 seller needs to obtain a road worthy and needs brakes of some kind I believe
Yep thanks, that seems to be the situation.