PDA

View Full Version : My whinge

bugsytwoshoes
04-04-2014, 06:39 AM
I suppose I should have better things to do but I'm guilty of watching just about every fishing show on TV, some are excellent such as the N.Z. production " Big angry fish" and some are good and some are ordinary.
What gets up my nose is that 95% of the time when someone catches a fish on these shows someone always says WOOOO HOOO.I realise that there excited over their catch and rightly so but I'm sick of hearing WOOOO HOOO nearly everytime a fish is caught.
My other pet hate is on some shows, not all, a fish will be caught then left out of the water for some time while the presenter will waffle on about this or that and the other before releasing the fish.
At least we are not as bad as the yanks, I was watching a show recently where the fisho hooked a large fish ( 50lbs ) and gaffed the fish then got it to the side of the boat then pulled out a massive handgun and pumped three or four bullets into the poor old fish and hauled it into the boat blood and guts everywhere. His suitably impressed girlfriend exclaimed " I hate it when he does that".

wayno60
04-04-2014, 07:08 AM
If you can believe what ya told IFISH always swims the fish between filming...but you would never know...

WOOOO HOOO..... yep hate that just as much as PW and his OMG and "Holy snapping" what ever kind of fish he just caught....

As far as Poppin a cap in the ass of a fish... im glad i dont watch that program...

Mattya
04-04-2014, 03:30 PM
You'd hate the victory cries if you ever came fishing with me.
Every fish deserves to be celebrated!!!

Da-Jew-Man
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
How about IFish with PW's kid.
Ok for one or 2 shows but enough is enough.
Please send the kid to Pre-school, PW to go back to the shop and let Kristy host the show.
WHO HOO

scorpo92
04-04-2014, 05:08 PM
You'd hate the victory cries if you ever came fishing with me.
Every fish deserves to be celebrated!!!

I agree. Wooo

tunaticer
04-04-2014, 06:02 PM
What annoys me more is they hold the fish at arms length to the camera to make it seem bigger.....I would like to see one of the shows use a fish tank (glass or lexan) and put a freshly caught fish into the tank then do the yabber about the species and so forth whilst getting some very good images of the fish not suffocating during the talk. How hard can that be to organise?

The other thing that pisses me off extremely is some shows recount previous things in this episode or the earlier episode after every ad break........makes a guy punch happy towards the end of the show.

FisHard
05-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm a Woohoo man from way back!!!
Don't start me on the current breed of fishing show hosts! Mark Berg? Pop a cap in his arse!!!!

Dignity
05-04-2014, 07:51 PM
and how about "you must support the fish by holding it under the belly" but the poor thing is skulled dragged into the boat with those grips stretching the gill cage, from my understanding this stretches the gill cage and the fish in all likleyhood will not survive.

and Boating and fishing tips are pure advertising in most cases

and those underwater video shots of the fish being brought to the boat (some very deep in the water) and the presenter says" I think it is a snapper/kingie etc from the way it is shaking it's head"

and ................... what the heck they are still better than any other reality TV show.

Owen
06-04-2014, 06:26 AM
let Kristy host the show.
WHO HOO

I'd watch it then

Cheers
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk