PDA

View Full Version : Half price tickets for Tackle and Tinnie Show

Stik-ugly
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Anybody who is thinking of going to the Tackle and Tinnie Show purchase your tickets on-line at the Tackle and tinnie website and enter facebook in the promo box and get them for just over half price as they charge an admin fee.

NArmstrong
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Cheers for the info!

NArmstrong
03-04-2014, 07:48 PM
The tickets are $9 (plus $1.25 admin fee). Only catch, it's a minimum of 2 tickets! No good for me!

Stik-ugly
03-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Sorry about that I didn't realise you had to buy two, you could always sell one at the gate

NArmstrong
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Lol. Scalping for $9? Ha

Jsmfun
03-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Lol. Scalping for $9? Ha
I'm heading in there what day are you going mate I'm going Saturday around 3pm I'm only at bell bird park

NArmstrong
04-04-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm heading in this morning mate

NArmstrong
04-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Well change of plans.... I was just about to leave when I saw that parking in the city today is $30! What a rip off. Esp when parking is $5 on sun. So I guess I'm going sun morning now. Thankfully all the talks Re on at the same time all weekend.
Buy the time I paid $30, plus $18 entry I could have just bought SP's for that!

fisher28
05-04-2014, 01:38 PM
thanks for sharing!!!

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I tried that link on Thursday evening.. and the link didn't work...

Attended today.. $12 park. $18 entry. $12.50 sanga and lemonade.

38 minutes in queues...........

no purchases.

hot, disorganised............

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LP

Jsmfun
05-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I also went to the show they should just call it the 4x4 and boat show as in my opinion there was stuff all tackle .
unless I'm wrong there was no diawa spokes person no shimano spokes person or stand for these company's . Why would the not want to participate in this show. I went there to get tackle there was no tackle. Appeat from cheap seconds (IMO) and I would not be calling anything cheap that was of any quality I started looking at some live fibre rods I could by them $30 cheaper at my local shop .
i did not see any lure company's either apart from some small guys that I think are starting out as I have never heard of them .
as far as I am concerned the tinni and 4x4 side of the show was good plenty on offer but the tackle side was pathetic if looking at boats,4wd go to the show if after tackle Rods,Reels,Line,lures go to your local tackle shop and invest your $18 there

i was annoyed I wasted my $18. This is my opinion only
cheers scott

fishychrissy
06-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Agree with you there about the lack of tackle on offer Jsmfun,
Went yesterday, had a 4 hour window as the missus wanted to go too before she went to work.
Anyway, had a good look at heaps of different tinnies and halfcabs, was great to see them in the "flesh" instead of on the pages of QFM.
I had no idea, but it seems I was in the market for a new boat unbeknown to me!
Funny part is, I left there as the proud owner of a fully optioned Stessco SFX450 pushed along by a Yamaha 3 cyl oil injected 40...The missus threw me a curve ball so to speak, never saw that one coming in a million years, bless her.
We're heading back there this morning as we didn't even get to the 4x4 bit, and she's as keen to have a squiz as I am.
If you're keen to go for the tackle aspect then I suggest don't worry about it, but for a huge range of boats with some awesome deals kicking around, I'd highly recommend it. (sorry for the italic font, don't know what happened lol)
Cheers

Jsmfun
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
, I left there as the proud owner of a fully optioned Stessco SFX450 pushed along by a Yamaha 3 cyl oil injected 40...The missus threw me a curve ball so to speak, never saw that one coming in a million years, bless her.

that's awsome congrats there is no better surprise for a fisherman-woman than a shiny new boat. might even be able to christen it with a longtail that would be nice. many years of bliss ahead
cheers scott

Whoofa
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Ill never forget a mate of mine going a few years ago and getting a so called show special price on a boat motor and trailer package. On his way home, he dropped into the boat dealership that supplied him his quote at the show, and obtained another quote on the exactly same package. The quote from the dealership was less than his quote supplied from the show.

NArmstrong
06-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Well I was very disappointed in the show today. I went for the 930,1000 shows which were good. I was really hoping to stock up on some gear but bought nothing. No name lures and plastics. A lot of the plastics were not that cheap and a poor substitute for zmans etc. plenty of riots and reels but nothing special. I looked at a few Abu reels but wasn't very impressed at all. The few hooks I looked at were cheap imports, no quality tackle to be found.

on a positive note, plenty of boats to drool over. If only I could afford to upsize!

fishychrissy
06-04-2014, 05:07 PM
, I left there as the proud owner of a fully optioned Stessco SFX450 pushed along by a Yamaha 3 cyl oil injected 40...The missus threw me a curve ball so to speak, never saw that one coming in a million years, bless her.

that's awsome congrats there is no better surprise for a fisherman-woman than a shiny new boat. might even be able to christen it with a longtail that would be nice. many years of bliss ahead
cheers scott

Thanks Scott,
Mate you don't understand how badly I want to tangle with a Longtail, all started a few years ago spinning off the rocks in Coffs, they always eluded me, maybe there just might be a glimmer of hope now?
Cheers,
Chris

fishychrissy
06-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Ill never forget a mate of mine going a few years ago and getting a so called show special price on a boat motor and trailer package. On his way home, he dropped into the boat dealership that supplied him his quote at the show, and obtained another quote on the exactly same package. The quote from the dealership was less than his quote supplied from the show.

Hey Whoofa,
Yeah I reckon there would be a few specials that were'nt so special but I've been inadvertently dreaming about upsizing my tinny for the last 6 months and perusing every edition of QFM and B&B for suitable candidates should I be lucky enough to get the stamp of approval from the Finance Minister.
The package I bought yesterday was after about 3 hours of drooling over every type of tinny you could imagine and then finally the bombshell of being able to get one. Not often you get a 4.5m hull with a decent motor and fully optioned for the amount I paid.
Must admit that seeing likely candidates on the pages of a magazine and then being there and comparing apples with apples makes some market leaders in tinny types look disappointing up close and personal. A real contrast to how they seem from a few ads and a fluffy photo.
I guess it's like buying anything, you need to do your research. Was an awesome experience though, like all my Xmases came at once.
Cheers

GraemeW
06-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I went to the show on Friday for most of the day with a mate.
Took the train in so we could have drinks & get a feed at Mad Mex after the show.
Was disappointed to find it closed along with most shops & the centre of the valley mall a construction site.
Took some lunch (foot long & a drink) from subway at the train station as the food prices were expected to be overpriced.

Went to see Paul Worsteling from IFish have a question & answer seminar at 3 in the arvo at the Engel fishing stage.
During the session there were some giveaways for asking him questions.
At the very end a question was asked about the name of a lure that was to be given away.
The name of the lure was mentioned during the session.
I managed to put up my had first while a lot a people turned around to see the name of the display.
I was chosen & walked up to the front of the crowd to collect it.
I shook Paul Worsteling's hand & he said congrats.

The lure is an Australian handmade wooden one.
The name of the manufacturer is Dugong.
They are worth about $35 retail.
Correction $44.95, I just looked at website >> http://www.dugonglures.com/

The one I have has the autograph of Paul Worsteling on it.

I also got a hat & fishing shirt signed after the session finished.

Luc
07-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Didn't make it there this year.
Only ever go there to dream/drool at the boats and other goodies.
Have never worried about fishing tackle as usually cheap & nasty or no cheaper than from the shops.

IMO they should drop the 'Tackle' out.