PDA

View Full Version : Sitting low?

madmanjim
26-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Transom well drain under water, and water lapping up onto transom step. Full tank of fuel, 3 pob, ice, bait, and water. Can any other owners confirm how low there boat sits?

pajames2
27-03-2014, 05:52 AM
I'm no expert but that does look like it's sitting way too low to me, I don't think water should be lapping up and over into the transom well. I mean what's the point of having a transom well drain if it's under water? why don't you post this in the boating chat forum you'd probably get alot more responses.

Greg P
27-03-2014, 07:20 AM
Have you inspected those cracks on the transom running from the bolt holes out on each side? Hopefully just superficial.

Jabiru658
27-03-2014, 08:18 AM
The 115 Suzuki 4 stroke is 182kg and the Yalta 1800 All Rounder has a max transom weight of 165kg, this is not enough to cause your issue but it would contribute to it.

Fed
27-03-2014, 09:08 AM
I see a new transom in your future.

docaster
27-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Probably normal if all three blokes were down the back

bugsytwoshoes
27-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi madman, I had a Yalta 535 Allrounder, it was a great boat I had a Yamaha 115 2st on it and there was no way water ever came near the outboard well ever even fully loaded with four/five adults and gear. I cant see why yours sits that low seems like it may have water getting in somewhere, maybe check if bungs are leaking but you would have noticed the water escaping when you took the bungs out after retrieving.

bugsytwoshoes
27-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Just having second thoughts about your problem(hence the second reply). I had two large iceboxes under the seat at the back of the Yalta I never loaded them up with weighty things and I prefered people to be up the front rather than sitting on the back seat when underway. They could sit where they liked at rest. I also removed the back seat and ice boxes and also the cabin cushion inlays prior to fishing "outside" this made the boat a "bare bones" fishing only rig and reduced any extra weight at the rear and also made extra room to get to the rear corners but having said that I never had problems with it sitting low. I'm just thinking with your heaviour motor and iceboxes full and people down the back then that may make it sit low.

madmanjim
27-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm no expert but that does look like it's sitting way too low to me, I don't think water should be lapping up and over into the transom well. I mean what's the point of having a transom well drain if it's under water? why don't you post this in the boating chat forum you'd probably get alot more responses.

Which boating chat forum are you referring to? This is in the boating chat section already?

Have you inspected those cracks on the transom running from the bolt holes out on each side? Hopefully just superficial.

They arn't craks Greg, hard to see, but its the design of the transom.

I see a new transom in your future.

Care to elaborate?

Hi madman, I had a Yalta 535 Allrounder, it was a great boat I had a Yamaha 115 2st on it and there was no way water ever came near the outboard well ever even fully loaded with four/five adults and gear. I cant see why yours sits that low seems like it may have water getting in somewhere, maybe check if bungs are leaking but you would have noticed the water escaping when you took the bungs out after retrieving.

Thanks for the info bugsy.

pajames2
27-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Which boating chat forum are you referring to? This is in the boating chat section already?

Sorry my mistake, i had multiple tabs open at the time and i thought this post was in another forum..

Lancair
28-03-2014, 06:47 AM
If they arent cracks, what are those lines then ?

Fed
28-03-2014, 08:59 AM
I thought they were cracks too but it's clearly some sort of top cap over the transom. I could see it much better with a higher resolution 7" tablet of all things?

Is the boat taking on any water at all Jim?

Do you have any more pictures of the transom area I'm having a problem figuring out the construction, what joins to what & what is part of what?

What's the water level like when you first launch it dry?

The Woo
28-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Does the pod have seperate drain bungs? If so, have you removed them to see if your pod has water in it?

There's eiother some weight aft in that boat somewhere or it's a poorly designed position for the thru-hull intrusion for the cabling.

Spaniard_King
28-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Jim,

You are going to wreck that engine if you persist in running it under those conditions, Suzuki will no warranty the engine unless it meets a minimum engine height to water level spec!!! you risk water in the lower cylinders and damage to the oxygen sensor at a minimum.

madmanjim
29-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi Gary,

Have sent you a pm.

Cheers

hazza80
31-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I own a 535 same as the 1800 - managed to screen shot these photos from a video of it.
Dual batteries, empty live bait tank, one of the esky seats (empty), light tackle and small esky at rear - not much load at all, except my 100kg

cuzzamundi
31-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Like has been said, are you taking on water? Mine did this (Not a Yalta) for a couple of trips, and then the third time, 60km offshore, she split her guts. Make sure the hull isn't cracking!!!!

Cuzza

madmanjim
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I own a 535 same as the 1800 - managed to screen shot these photos from a video of it.
Dual batteries, empty live bait tank, one of the esky seats (empty), light tackle and small esky at rear - not much load at all, except my 100kg

Hi hazza,

Really appreciate this! Your attachments don't seem to be working though

Like has been said, are you taking on water? Mine did this (Not a Yalta) for a couple of trips, and then the third time, 60km offshore, she split her guts. Make sure the hull isn't cracking!!!!

Cuzza

Wow thats unfortunate!

And we're not taking on any water.

hazza80
03-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Not sure why they didn't work? Anyhow, here's the links from that site you suggested http://imgur.com/QZs8lFE and http://imgur.com/6MphD9I

ozynorts
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Not sure why they didn't work? Anyhow, here's the links from that site you suggested http://imgur.com/QZs8lFE and http://imgur.com/6MphD9I

With photo's you need to use the go advanced button, upload the photo's and insert inline.