PDA

View Full Version : Tinnie and tackle show - worth it for boat hunting?

goat boy
26-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Since moving back to the east coast I've been toying with the idea of a new boat and am pretty much decided now to bite the bullet. As the boats I'm interested in are going to be on display there, I'm curious if these shows really do 'show specials' on the actual boats. In years gone by I have attended, but have only ever drooled over boats I could never afford and been there mainly for presentations and tackle/boat bits (of which are never really worth it, at least what I've been looking for anyway).
Just wondering, as I'm starting to get that itch.

rtp1984
26-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Hey mate.
From my experience,
all boat yards will offer boat show prices for a few weeks around the show. I am lead to believe that the discounts are offered by the boat builders, not the dealers. But I find the show great to be able to see boats side by side as such.

Just my thoughts.

Rob.

Still_Dreamin
26-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Mate, go in state what you want see what they say as a price. If you are happy buy if not walk away and look at others. Go back if you really want it and offer them your preferred amount. This works best if you are able to put deposit down there and then. Money talks, bullshit walks. Just remember they will have a lot of tire kickers and droolers during the show. Talk deposit and delivery dates to let them know you are serious, just make sure you get what you want. You have the cash they want it make them work for it. If not happy leave money in the bank and find a mate with a boat and go as decky on their boat. Best boat is someone elses, cheapest option. If mate doesn't have boat, put up a post on ausfish saying you are willing to share costs and cleaning and you will have more invites than you can point a stick at!