PDA

View Full Version : Yippee! Here come the Sou Easters all week!

ThePinkPanther
23-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Yep! Another stinking high pressure system over the east coast of SE Qld so yet another seemingly endless run of 15 to 25 knot Trade Winds!

Geeeez, haven't we been punished enough over the last six or so months with the wretched winds? I can never recall such a long and unrelenting run of SE and NE winds in Moreton Bay, where I have lived for twenty five years now!

Days always start off looking great but by mid morning the dogs are hangin' offa their chains - well, almost!

I can life with fifteen knots but above that it just gets too lumpy and uncomfortable, and I've got a seven metre Whittley under me, maybe I'm spoilt! The older you get the calmer the weather you want!

Oh well, maintenance time on the reels and stuff as winter creeps closer!

mull dog
23-03-2014, 03:13 PM
What are ya talking about mate. 10 knots today.

ThePinkPanther
23-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Didn't say the winds were right here right now today at 10.37 am, just said that by the look of the weather synopsis, we are in for a week of south easterlies up to twenty knots, maybe a few knots higher at worst.

Yer right insofar as a magic day out there today though we had about fifteen to eighteen knots kicking up when left at around 2.30 pm from the Banana Banks.

Hope that BOM is wrong all the same as my week off starts tomorrow and the Sandies are running hot out from Raby Bay on the SW Maroom Banks.

2IC
23-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Mate would be getting out early on Monday /Tuesday morning then after that it looks shit for the rest of the week hope you get a few

brett62
23-03-2014, 04:18 PM
I have a seven metre Whittley also and have had it since October last year and only been able to fish in the Bribie passage due to the weather. I work away and every time I am home the weather is crap. Just can't seem to jag a good day. I am home for 10 days every 20 and it just keeps blowing. I know the Bribie passage pretty well now.

brett62
23-03-2014, 05:10 PM
I am on the other side of the country at present but looking at the BOM site the forecast for today and tomorrow looks good.

I just checked the wind at the Cape and it's gusting to 16 knots ?

Anyone been out today and got the real story on the weather at present or is the BOM site on drugs:huh2:

tunaticer
23-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Are you sookin' again?

marto78
23-03-2014, 06:47 PM
If it makes you feel any better the weather was terrible out there today and we didn't bag out on pearlies again :p

no chicken tonight
23-03-2014, 08:49 PM
anyone who has a boat and didnt get out this weekend, should just sell the boat

Scalem
24-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Too much work on at the moment, Dayoo even mentioned he was going after prawns which got me fired up..... How much can I get for the Yalta I wonder?

Scalem