PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha f 250 help

rustymarlin
23-03-2014, 05:43 AM
I have just bought a boat with a yamaha f 250 4 stroke on the back I have never owned a yamaha before so while doing some inspections of the motor I noticed something that I have never seen before on any of the other engines I have owned when you look in through the propellor into the lower gear case on the right hand side there appears to be some rod or tube about 3/8 of an inch in diameter running from front toback is this normal I have looked at a parts breakdown and can't see anything that looks like it I just want to ensure that there is no issue here I did not get a picture and I'm not near the boat now to get one.
Also what is the best wat to flush these motors

thanks

rusty
k

Noelm
25-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Not sure what you are talking about, need a picture for sure, flushing can be done in a few ways, a decent set of ear muffs and good water pressure, a big drum full of water, or the hose attachment on the motor itself, that does not require starting the motor.

gofishin
25-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Rusty, that's the sonic pulse scramjet reactor tube that allows you to blast past E-TECS..... errr.... or not!!

I know what you are talking about, but can't say what it is or does. Send a PM to 'captain rednut', he will know for sure.

Re flushing with muffs, the F250's have 2 pairs of water intakes, so you will need to tape up the ones at the cone/front of the prop tube else your muffs won't work. Just remember to take the tape off though before you hit the water :)
Cheers
Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin
26-03-2014, 12:03 AM
F250's use a tube to capture water from the trim tab and direct it to the propeller hub for enhanced cooling apparently