PDA

View Full Version : Worth heading out?

airlock
20-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Right well im new to this sea fishing thing having sent most of my time running up and down the river in a smaller boat.

Ive got the day off tomorrow and thinking about heading out to the reef for the day but having trouble working out if it will be worth my time. The noosa forcast is saying 2m at 9 seconds with winds of 8-12 knts. Too me 2 meters seems like it could be fairly uncomfortable out there even though the wind isnt to high, im in a 5.0 cruise craft reef raider. Would it be worth my time heading out or am i just gunna rolled about and wanna come in within an hour?

mull dog
21-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Crossing the bar is your biggest worry. I'd give it a miss mate.

jmwarner
21-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Stick to the river if you put some work in and research it there's plenty of good fish to catch. That bar is deceptively dangerous especially if you haven't had a bit if experience with it. There's a few members that are locals up there and should be able to take you across it.

airlock
21-03-2014, 12:24 PM
I gave it a miss in the end, i headed out the other and week and although the bar is pretty daunting it wasnt to much effort to wait for a flat spot and get out, the problem i had was sitting out fishing in the rolling swell, made me sick as a dog.
Luckily their is plenty of local info about the bar and how to cross it but i'm still trying to figure out what makes a comfortable sea.

gr hilly
21-03-2014, 04:11 PM
2 metres ouch the river sounds more comfy find some nice rocks or snags to cast at in 84 i caught a big fat cod i could't get it in the boat he played with me for 35 mins some fun he was and you don;t forget thats the best part.
G.R.Hilly.

Back In Black
21-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I gave it a miss in the end, i headed out the other and week and although the bar is pretty daunting it wasnt to much effort to wait for a flat spot and get out, the problem i had was sitting out fishing in the rolling swell, made me sick as a dog.
Luckily their is plenty of local info about the bar and how to cross it but i'm still trying to figure out what makes a comfortable sea.

A cat,

Tony

gr hilly
21-03-2014, 07:51 PM
being as sick as a dog is hell but getting over the barking is worse.
Hilly

airlock
22-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Id kill for one but i reckon i'm a few years away from having the opportunity to pick one up.