PDA

View Full Version : Windscreens. what do you use

Greg001
16-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi All, Gotta ask this because it is driving me nuts. I just replaced my windscreen as it was cracked etc with perspex but coming home today it got a bit lumpy and I got spray all over it and I just couldn't see through it. Not good fun looking for leads leaning out the side.
So what is the best way to have a clear-ish screen to look through?
Greg:-?

ric
16-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Sailfish marine windows and hatches is the place you need to talk to. They have done windscreens, port windows, sliding windows and hatches for me. Absolute top quality work. You won't find him on the advertiser registry on this 'forum' though..

Moonlighter
16-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Rainex. Its the best option for smaller boats, but still not perfect.

Wipers if you want to go to the expense!

gr hilly
17-03-2014, 07:53 AM
if you can buy some liquid polimer and polish your perspex in it (make sure it is clean first)4 times a year nothing will stick not even bird sh,,,,,i have had mine for a long time as it goes along way but im getting low and have to try and get some more myself.
cheersG.R.Hilly

Gon Fishun
17-03-2014, 08:25 AM
PlastX works well, and keep a squeegee with a 2 litre bottle of water on board.

Greg001
17-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Ok thanks Guys, not sure I'm game enough to go to the expense of new windows ( just bought a new outboard) ;D But I will definately try the other ideas.
Thanks again
Greg

JulianDeMarchi
17-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Sailfish marine windows and hatches is the place you need to talk to. They have done windscreens, port windows, sliding windows and hatches for me. Absolute top quality work. You won't find him on the advertiser registry on this 'forum' though..

You mean this site mate? http://www.boatwindscreens.com/

The contact name looks familiar...